PDA

View Full Version : Pickleball paddle edge rubber repair

Topspinmo
05-28-2016, 03:42 PM
My Z5 paddle has rubber worn and coming loose on the top corners. Anybody know of repairman that will replace the edge rubber?

I've tried several types of glue with little success? Hate to ditch it have gotten use to the feel. Have new rocket XL, but like the Z5.

Paperboy
05-28-2016, 04:33 PM
My Z5 paddle has rubber worn and coming loose on the top corners. Anybody know of repairman that will replace the edge rubber?

I've tried several types of glue with little success? Hate to ditch it have gotten use to the feel. Have new rocket XL, but like the Z5.

I used Super Glue Gel on mine & it worked OK for a few months.

Topspinmo
05-29-2016, 06:17 AM
Ok, I'll give the gel a try. Think that was the only one I didn't try yet. Thanks

600th Photo Sq
05-29-2016, 11:29 AM
I used Super Glue Gel on mine & it worked OK for a few months.

Peel it back..and squirt in Gorilla Glue..be careful not use a lot ..it expands...however it is really tough stuff.

It will be white sort of like foam just peel it off and fill the white in a black magic marker,,much much better than the ole super glue. :plane:

Topspinmo
08-08-2016, 04:39 PM
After using several glues and gels for me shoe goo seems to work the best. I used small screwdriver tip to force the goo under the rubber. Then, clamp the spot with small board on each side with vise grips or in the vise. The shoe goo can be peeled off by hand and don't leave non stick surface like super glue with out sanding.

Sail41
08-08-2016, 07:15 PM
Try call them. 1-866-go.stype
Several people I know did and they sent them a new paddle if they couldn't repair it.