PDA

View Full Version : Batteres for Cart

aln
01-20-2009, 01:58 PM
What's the LATEST info? :shrug:

My usual repair man is recommending DEKA (or decca) batteries.

I've heard Trojan's are very good .... BATTERIES, but also expensive.

The quote I got was for $639 installed.

Just lookin' for some opinions......thanks.....:bowdown:

l2ridehd
01-20-2009, 10:11 PM
I also am in need to replace a set of golf cart batteries. Maybe we should get 5 to 10 folks who all need to have this done and buy as a group. Might get a better price if we needed to buy 40 or 50 batteries and got the same person to install them all. I am sure the service person would get a better price buying a pallet then just enough for a single cart. I need 6, 8 volt batteries and would prefer trojons, but would consider others for the right price.

l2ridehd
01-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Are we the only two people on TOTV that need batteries in the next 90 days? Hard to believe.

aln
01-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean.
I was rather surprised at the lack of responses.
I did a search on 'batteries' but there was more chatter about the credibility of the service people than the batteries themselves. That's why I started a new thread, and to get what might be new info.
I'll keep watching a couple of days but at THE RISK of sounding sexist,
I think there are alot more women on this site reading & commenting on threads than men who are the likely researchers of this type of problem.
(that ought get me in trouble)

gego3650
07-30-2010, 09:53 AM
They are heavier and have larger cells. No one I know uses Trojan or Spano.

bigbill
07-30-2010, 12:30 PM
I'll be needing batteries also but have not heard good things about Trojan. Back a few years ago I'm told they started to thinner product in their cells without telling the distributers and raised prices.Believe they lost the contract with Club Car.
Has anyone done bussiness with the Battery Boys??

golfnut
07-30-2010, 02:50 PM
I still prefer Trojans and have always found Ken Spano to have the best price. About 6 months ago the price for 6 8 volt trojans was $618. Where is cart fixer these days? gn

ajbrown
07-30-2010, 04:21 PM
They are heavier and have larger cells. No one I know uses Trojan or Spano.

There is no question Trojan has some competition, but is still a quality battery IMO. In fact I just bought 16 6-volt T105 batteries for my two carts. I bought them from Ken Spano for a good price. I understand the varying opinions on batteries, but.....

I am interested in why you say no one you know uses Spano. I have never had an issue with Ken and am curiious.

kaydee
07-31-2010, 11:27 PM
We just yesterday had Battery Boyz at our home. It was our first time dealing with them and it won't be our last. My husband was VERY pleased with their service and knowledge and of course their cost of new Trojan batteries. Highly recommended.

ajbrown
08-01-2010, 07:18 AM
We just yesterday had Battery Boyz at our home. It was our first time dealing with them and it won't be our last. My husband was VERY pleased with their service and knowledge and of course their cost of new Trojan batteries. Highly recommended.

Would you mind sharing the model of battery and the cost?

Thanks

downeaster
08-01-2010, 10:29 AM
I am interested in why you say no one you know uses Spano. I have never had an issue with Ken and am curiious.

There was a thread here a while ago with negative comments about Ken Spano. Someone even erroneously announced he no longer installed batteries. Mr. Spano responded but maybe the damage was done.

I don't know, aj, if this had any bearing on gego3650"s remarks

It is unfortunate these things occur. A reputation is an easy thing to destroy.

I have never used Ken Spano nor do I know him but the only negative I have ever heard was in the aforementioned thread. On the other hand, I have heard and read many positive comments about him.

pajim
08-01-2010, 11:44 AM
try Joes cart service or go to walmart they will install them thats what I have they are warrented

wmchale
08-01-2010, 08:21 PM
use eveready the bunny just keeps going