PDA

View Full Version : How about a Portugese Restaurant in TV?

carole131
01-27-2009, 08:04 AM
We see "repeats" of types of food all over The Villages. Are we really that uninteresting (-ed)? A Portugese restaurant would add something different, with the healthy, hearty, varied meat & fish dishes & soups that would be available. Do I have to mention their rustic BREAD? I got re-inspired last evening, watching Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations", this time, from The Azores.

Russ_Boston
01-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Now you're talking! I go to a local PNC here in MA. They have very authentic Portuguese meals (mostly folks from the Azores). I particularly like the braised goat (cabra)!

Not sure if a solely ethnic restaurant that is outside the norm (Italian, Chinese etc.) would work. But I do think that a regular restaurant that had other ethnic specials would. In other words they have maybe one or two specials for the night that are Ethiopian, Portuguese, Moroccan etc..

I'll have to catch that Bourdain episode!

graciegirl
01-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Thinking about braised goat.barf

Russ_Boston
01-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Don't gag until you've tried it. A lot like a very good pot roast (with a little chin hair:laugh:).

barb1191
01-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Would love to have a Portuguese restaurant here in TV. The food is delicious. Love the chirouc and linguica; mmmmmmmmm yummy.