PDA

View Full Version : Century Link HORRIBLE

Kathe
06-23-2016, 04:54 PM
You may think Comcast is bad but Century Link is worse. They downgraded my service on 6/14 (my request) because my bill went up $70 after a three month promo (they didn't tell me THREE months). That downgrade took about 5 minutes while I was on the phone...HOWEVER they did it wrong...wrong pkg, no HD, no DVR. Now on 6/23, after talking on the phone/internet chat/in the store/ they still can't get it right. I just got an email that says since everything is ok they won't be contacting me. They transfer between. centurylink, prism, billing and escalation.

BE AWARE They really don't have it together! Takes frustration to a whole new level.

Paper1
06-23-2016, 07:30 PM
You may think Comcast is bad but Century Link is worse. They downgraded my service on 6/14 (my request) because my bill went up $70 after a three month promo (they didn't tell me THREE months). That downgrade took about 5 minutes while I was on the phone...HOWEVER they did it wrong...wrong pkg, no HD, no DVR. Now on 6/23, after talking on the phone/internet chat/in the store/ they still can't get it right. I just got an email that says since everything is ok they won't be contacting me. They transfer between. centurylink, prism, billing and escalation.

BE AWARE They really don't have it together! Takes frustration to a whole new level.
I might be wrong but suspect they have indeed "got it together" and this is just an example of their business plan. Of course I'm someone frustrated with most businesses today, it seems everything is a hustle. IMO

Robbo
06-24-2016, 03:41 PM
It is hard to believe, but Centurylink might actually be worse than Comcast.

photo1902
06-24-2016, 04:12 PM
It is hard to believe, but Centurylink might actually be worse than Comcast.
My wife and I switched from CL to Comcast 5 months ago. I was tired of terrible service, connection speed and ever changing bill amounts. We've been with Comcast and have not had any problems thus far.

John_W
06-24-2016, 04:30 PM
We've had Directv since 2008. They just have more choices and better HD picture and if you're a sports fan, there is no one better. For telephone and internet we've had Century Link since July 2011. Our bill has never changed, it's been $59.99 since the first month and we've only had two short outages on the internet, and one was actually caused by a lightning strike.

Overall, were happy with their service, however I'm considering switching to Magic Jack for telephone and keep CL just for internet. My neighbor had switched from Directv to Century Link for Prism TV service. He's a sports fan and was disappointed they didn't carry the NBA Channel and he's also a music fan and they didn't have Palladia, which just changed to MTV Live. It's a great channel of mostly live music from festivals and classic artists. He has since dropped Prism and he's using Amazon Prime and a couple of other type services and no real TV company, and he said he's saving a lot of money and he's even getting all the Red Sox games for the rest of the year.

billybye
06-24-2016, 05:09 PM
Have been with Century Link with "bundle" for 2 years and today is first outage which lasted for about 2 hours for tv only. Every time their discounts end, I call and they are put back on immediately. I have had Direct TV, Dish and Comcast. Century Link is the only one who would work with me on price so I would not switch to someone else.
They are all bad, but in my instance Century Link has been the best by far.

biker1
06-24-2016, 06:35 PM
We have had CenturyLink for 2+ years. They have been very reliable. Highly recommended.

My wife and I switched from CL to Comcast 5 months ago. I was tired of terrible service, connection speed and ever changing bill amounts. We've been with Comcast and have not had any problems thus far.

Northwoods
06-24-2016, 07:03 PM
We've had no issues with Century Link....

justjim
06-24-2016, 07:57 PM
Have been with Century Link with "bundle" for 2 years and today is first outage which lasted for about 2 hours for tv only. Every time their discounts end, I call and they are put back on immediately. I have had Direct TV, Dish and Comcast. Century Link is the only one who would work with me on price so I would not switch to someone else.
They are all bad, but in my instance Century Link has been the best by far.

They are all bad. However, we switched from Comcast to Brighthouse and so far so good. Unfortunately they are only in the new areas of The Villages.

goodtimesintv
06-24-2016, 10:44 PM
They are all alike in that they operate like........monopolies. They don't give a rip about the customer and get you on the phone with customer service people in Singapore or Philippines who are trained to talk like a robot reading from a script. All these companies know they have you over a barrel.

jebartle
06-25-2016, 12:46 PM
If You live south of CR 466A, then Brighthouse is available as an alternative to CenturyLink and Comcast. We have speeds of up to 300 Mbps. Most of our bundles with TV do come with most of the 1st month for free when you order your services through me. If you are interested in finding out more information please call me at 352-414-6756

Thank you

would love to live south of 466 But stuck with Comcast again after dumping direct for similar billing errors that are ALWAYS in favor of cable company. Last round, contacted comcast inquiring "do we only get part of picture because no hd? answer, no, we will send tech to check on that. First question I ask, are we not getting full screen picture because we do not have hd. Answer from tech, Yes, then he left. Next month's billing $50 more for 5 sec. visit from tech.. Have to wait one month for correction on billing error. I'm ready for a rubber room!

Marathon Man
06-25-2016, 03:26 PM
We have had CenturyLink for just short of a year now. The seem like anyone elst to me. The occasionsal issue, usually cured by cycling power on the equipment. Loss of internet now and then, comes back after a short while. Not perfect, but not enough to meke me switch to something that will likely be similar.