PDA

View Full Version : Ghi--non medicare ins !!!!!!

STEVEN THOMPSON
01-30-2009, 11:04 PM
HI, does anyone have GHI-CBP- national health ins, from NYC. ( NON MEDICARE RETIRE )
I have a list of different Doctors in the villages that suppose to take it,but
a lot do not i think.
I hope to be moving to TV and wondering if any one has any expierence
using this plan, HOSP INS will be blue cross blue shield.

THANKS, STEVE

hernando
02-02-2009, 04:29 PM
I too am a retired non-medicare NYC retiree,I live in the Villages. There are not alot of doctors here that take GHI.Most of the ones on the GHI list do not take GHI anymore. I have found two internists ( both not recommended by people who used them) No OBGY for my wife, Lab's yes,Quest and Advance imaging, A Few cardio's doctors. But Life Is Good in the Villages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STEVEN THOMPSON
02-02-2009, 11:47 PM
SO with no GHI doctors what do you do-pay through the nose.
I am retired TRANSIT--wife will get ghi too. Double coverage, will
have to pay first then get REimbursed !!!
How does it work for you !!!

hernando
02-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Before i moved to the villages,I lived in Spring Hill ( about 1hr 20min.from the villages) I found a great GHI participating GP there, and I use him still!, I need a cardio guy, I still use the guy in Spring Hill also,but I found a group here that accepts GHI & they are suppose to be good I haven't seen them yet but I will soon. I also found a OBGY for my wife in Claremont ( about an hour away). There are GHI doctors in Florida, but you'll have to travel a little. One of the inconviences of Living in the villages,however the lifestyle here is like no other in Florida!!!

STEVEN THOMPSON
02-03-2009, 10:01 PM
I guess it will get better when we turn 65, medicare but who wants
to rush it.