PDA

View Full Version : Problem sending e-mail -? Comcast

jojo
02-01-2009, 07:52 PM
My notebook computers could both receive e-mails but not send. I think I narrowed it to a Comcast problem because I could send using my Blackberry as a modem. After resetting the Comcast modem and restoring my computer to a week earlier in case a Windows update caused the problem, it still didn't work. Two calls to Comcast - I changed settings on the outgoing server (port 25 to 587). That didn't work. Comcast said it was my server but it wasn't. They also said they could advise for Outlook Express but not Outlook. I have Outlook. In frustration I switched back to the original settings and e-mails started going out again. I am in a hotel tonight and e-mails are going out. Has anyone else had any problems with Comcast sending e-mail?

Muncle
02-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Only to Embarq addresses, and that was several month ago. Several of us had them same problem. Still don't know what the problem and solution were, but it's okay now.

katezbox
02-17-2009, 08:37 AM
Hey JoJo,

Comcast switched to a new format (SmartZone) somewhere around that time. I was fine w/ my laptop, but my husband's old Dell could not seem to get working. I reset his options to point him to Outlook as a front end and that worked. (Interestingly, not Outlook Express). It turns out the cause of the problem was that he had saved 75% of the e-mails he had received in the last 8 years we had Comcast. No wonder the poor old Dell was struggling!

We found that even with my laptop, it took awhile for SmartZone to fire up the first time.

Kate

jojo
02-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Kate, I just checked back on this posting and found your response. Very interesting. So far - fingers crossed - emails are going out.