PDA

View Full Version : Streaming

REH7380
02-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know how to correct a streaming problem? When I play a video off of the internet it runs and stops about every 30 seconds, etc. I understand it is from not streaming properly but don't know how to correct?
..Thanks..

handieman
02-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Streaming video requires very high speed internet. What is your ISP (internet service provider)
Handie

midstatepc
02-08-2009, 08:52 AM
some possible issues to your problem are:
* low memory.
* check for malware, spyware, and viruses
* too many programs running at the same time

I'm guessing that the third point is not likely, so I would focus on point 2 and update your antivirus package as well as install a program for malware and spyware, if you haven't done so already.

Installing more memory is a relatively inexpensive thing. If you know how or have a friend who knows how, then it might just be an easy thing to do to see if that is actually the problem. Of course, I'm figuring that your computer is a few years old and came with around 256MB of RAM. so if you have bought it recently, then I apologize.

REH7380
02-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi Handiieman and Midstate PC. I have two laptops sitting next to each other and each are Lenovo's T61's. One does not have the problem and the other does. I use a router and have comcase internet.
Thanks..

midstatepc
02-08-2009, 10:42 AM
It would sound like there is some malware and or spyware on the one that has the problem.