PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy azaleas

jojo
02-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Someone recommended "encore" azaleas that supposedly bloom two or three times during the year. Has anyone found these in the TV vicinity? I'd also like to find a gardenia shrub.

Barefoot
02-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Someone recommended "encore" azaleas that supposedly bloom two or three times during the year. Has anyone found these in the TV vicinity? I'd also like to find a gardenia shrub.

We just pulled out all our azalea bushes! They bloom several times a year, so perhaps they are the "encore" variety). I found that most of the time they look very scraggly and unattractive.

barb1191
02-15-2009, 03:57 PM
We bought a gardenia plant a couple of years ago at Home Depot on 441 and it's just beautiful and real hardy in thriving during the real cold nights without a protective cover. Just love that plant and when it blossoms, the aroma is lovely.

Also, the bush that we bought only bloomed during the summers and since we're not here then, our neighbors told us how beautiful the bush is then. We happened to spend a summer here a couple of years ago and saw the beautiful gardenias in full bloom.

BF, you may want to reconsider this bush especially if you're not in TV during the summertime when it's in full bloom. Either way, it makes a very attractive bush whether it's in bloom or otherwise.