PDA

View Full Version : Bagel joint

Muncle
02-20-2009, 03:02 AM
Maybe because I sleep all day and don't see the massive breakfast and lunch crowds, but it does not seem to me that the bagel place in Colony Plaza is doing all that well. Am I correct in my supposition? If so, why?

`

l2ridehd
02-20-2009, 06:06 AM
Maybe because you need teeth to eat bagels? Or everyone parties so late they skip breakfast?

KathieI
02-20-2009, 08:06 AM
Sadly, I think your right Muncle. I don't think its doing well and that's a shame. Its such a nice place, the bagels are good and the Kona coffee is the BEST... but there's not many more positive things to say about the food. The service is good but they have mixed up orders many times, (how can you mix up a bagel order?).

The other day I ordered a breakfast special, eggs, bacon and french toast. The eggs and bacon were horrible. Thank goodness the french toast was good with a lot of syrup.

I know they've started a "Happy Hour" to try to drum up evening business, but I think they're management needs to look at many other things before creating something so "off track" like HH in a bagel joint.

Oh, how I wish I could help them with they're marketing and merchandising efforts!! I just love major challenges like this.

tucson
02-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Maybe because I sleep all day and don't see the massive breakfast and lunch crowds, but it does not seem to me that the bagel place in Colony Plaza is doing all that well. Am I correct in my supposition? If so, why?

`

Because it is horrible.........barf

GatbTester
02-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Don't forget that the same owners originally opened "Juan's Mexican Food" there, and following that failure opened MJ's Bagel. Truthfully, their problems are two fold, in my opinion, identity and very poor educated help. Any one of which will sink a restaurant let alone both.

MelZ
02-20-2009, 09:28 AM
I think part of the problem is no one knew there name until the 5th post. Hopefully they can get their act together.

Hey Kathie how about visiting the management and getting a job as a consultant to help them.:jester:

KathieI
02-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Its funny but I offered that to Barnie's coffee place, free of course, but he didn't bite. I also gave suggestions that came from TOTV'ers to Cici's and they used them (like the signs above the pizza's indicating what type they were) but I also asked them to add more items to the salad bar, but so far no luck.

But I just might talk to the bagel management because I really like having that store close by and would hate to see them close. Hmmmmm, for free? Not sure about that, might be too much work.

graciegirl
02-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Because we "grown ups" have lived long enough to be pretty good food critics, we have higher than average expectations on how food should taste and how it should be served. I personally think they are quite realistic. I am still mulling over the fact that my cuban cobb salad at Havana was served to me without the onion, avocado and bacon. How could you miss THREE ingredients? Restaurant owners have a challenge finding someone to WORK let alone someone who can COOK.

MelZ
02-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Kathie:

Try "we work for Food"

Mallory
02-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Teach them to make edible bagels. They are terrible.

Muncle
02-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Maybe because you need teeth to eat bagels? Or everyone parties so late they skip breakfast?

Oh, that's cold! I'll have you know I've had my teeth in for about 3 weeks now. :pepper2: It is so exciting to eat a sandwich and leave an actual bite mark. :MOJE_whot: Damn I entertain easily these days. If I still went to bars, I'd set them higher.

`

mommullr
02-20-2009, 09:40 PM
We find the Bagel place a good place to go. I think the bagels are fine and it is nice to sit and have the wiifi with a good cup of coffee.