PDA

View Full Version : Golf Cart turn/brake lights

dstege
02-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Our Yamaha turn signals and brake lights aren't working. Is there a fuse somewhere we can change, or do we need to call The Villages Golf Cart? (It's out of warranty.)

F16 1UB
02-23-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm sure a handy person can at least point the location of your fuse that is possibly blown. Then if it is blown - why? :shrug: Sorry, if I was there I'd look at it for you but.... I'm sure a TOTV member would be more than happy to check it for you.

Eddie
02-25-2009, 12:42 AM
If your brake lights and turn signals do not work. The first thing I would do would be to check the tail light bulbs. The tail light bulbs are 2 filliment bulbs one is used for your tail lights the other is used for your brake lights. If you don't have a tester I would just go down and buy 2 new bulbs #1157 is usually what they use.
Usually the fuse on that circuit controls your: Headlights, Turn Signal Lights and Brake Lights. So if you have headlights I would say the fuse is OK.

Note that if both brake light bulbs are burned out there isn't enough voltage left in the circuit to flash the turn light flasher.
Another way to check it out would be to turn on your turn signals and see if the front turn signal light bulb lights up, if it does then that tells you that the rear bulbs are burned out.
Hope this helps you out
Eddie

REDCART
11-19-2011, 06:18 AM
We've got a 2010 EZGO. The turn signals just stopped working. We called Town & Country in SS where we bought it and they said stop by, that it's probably the "flasher" which is behind the cup holder. Sounds like an easy fix. My first guess would have been one of the bulbs but then it would only fail on the side with the burned-out bulb.

GChelp
11-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Chances are real good it is the flasher if you have all your other lights. The flasher will be under the cup holder also on a yamaha, its a simple fix.

Jim Straz
11-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Sometimes the gas fumes knock out the bulbs sooner much like your lungs, and then the 'Big' light goes out sooner as well.

mulligan
11-19-2011, 08:30 AM
I had the same problem with a refurbished cart from Villages golf cars. The flasher was bad. No problem now for 4 months.

REDCART
11-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Kyle, Town & Country in SS replaced the flasher for me. It took him less than 5 minutes to remove the cup holder and replace the flasher. He also checked my batteries. No charge. You cannot beat their service. Makes me glad I bought my cart from them.

George