PDA

View Full Version : Moving a Tempurpedic Mattress

crimeslayer
08-13-2016, 06:13 AM
Any information you have would really help. Anticipate moving from NJ to TV. We have a king tempurpedic bed that splits into two singles. I have been told they have to be moved lying flat only. Has anyone moved a similar bed using PODS? Do I need a mover? Thanks for any info!

Biker Dog
08-13-2016, 06:32 AM
Yes, twice, once in a pod and once by a moving company. Never had any problems after the moves.

Nucky
08-13-2016, 07:45 AM
Any information you have would really help. Anticipate moving from NJ to TV. We have a king tempurpedic bed that splits into two singles. I have been told they have to be moved lying flat only. Has anyone moved a similar bed using PODS? Do I need a mover? Thanks for any info!

Just buy a cover from U-Haul or Amazon and cover it properly. There is no problem at all with the bed being stood up or any way you see fit to transport it. The mover on the NJ side to load was $550 the mover on TV side was $300. We just realized that the nice movers in NJ took several boxes that were marked Fragile. Damn. Good luck with your move it's wonderful here. :thumbup:

crimeslayer
08-13-2016, 12:35 PM
Thank you, Nucky, and thank you other posters, Looking forward for the move!