PDA

View Full Version : View Blocked by Neighbor

fruitcup
08-13-2016, 07:21 AM
What are rules on views?

ColdNoMore
08-13-2016, 07:32 AM
My neighbor just planted trees that block my view of a pond and golf course. Is this actually allowed?

Whose property did they plant them on?

If it's theirs, you're out of luck.

Any responsible realtor will tell you that your current 'view' is not guaranteed.

Bogie Shooter
08-13-2016, 08:07 AM
Its nice to talk to your neighbors....once in a while.

villagetinker
08-13-2016, 08:08 AM
I joke with my neighbor, before their house was built we had a golf course view, now not so much. I agree with above comments, if trees are on their property, you are out of luck. Look at the people that paid lots of extra for water views only to find out the view is being taken over by weeds and invasive species. Sorry you have lost your GC view, hope it does not cause you to lose your neighbors also.

cynkr67
08-13-2016, 08:20 AM
We have the same situation. We lost a good deal of our golf front & pond view by trees planted in the neighbors yard after we moved in. While we are sad about that, the neighbors are wonderful people and I wouldn't hurt their feelings for the world.

redwitch
08-13-2016, 08:53 AM
You can always check with ARC to see what the guidelines are and if your neighbors followed them. If in violation, ARC will handle it. If course, odds are your neighbors will figure out who complained and there goes any chance of having friendly neighbors.

VApeople
08-13-2016, 10:07 AM
If in violation, ARC will handle it. If course, odds are your neighbors will figure out who complained and there goes any chance of having friendly neighbors.

If the neighbors are truly decent people, they would appreciate someone pointing out they have violated ARC rules. We want to follow the rules of our community, and if we mistakenly violate one of the rules, we would like someone to point it out.