PDA

View Full Version : Crisper's Monthly Meeting

2BNTV
08-14-2016, 01:35 PM
The next meeting will be this Friday, on August 19th, at 3 PM, located in the Southern Trace Shopping Mall, off on 466.

This meeting will be hosted by Eileen, as Don H and Ellen will be away. I will not be able to attend.

Come one and come all, no invitation needed.

Eileenny2tv
08-16-2016, 07:43 AM
Hope to see some of you this Friday at Crisper's!

Eileenny2tv
08-18-2016, 07:24 AM
bump

justjim
08-18-2016, 08:22 AM
Sorry I will be at The Illinois State Fair. Hope to see everybody this fall.

Eileenny2tv
08-19-2016, 08:50 AM
Just a reminder the monthly meeting is at 3PM today at Crisper's. Hope to see you there.

pnac66
08-19-2016, 09:10 AM
what type of club is this?

graciegirl
08-19-2016, 11:51 AM

This club was started by TOTV readers more than nine years ago and people who were interested in the name behind the screen name and personality of posters on TOTV began to meet at a restaurant next to Publix on 466 every month called Crispers.. I can't name all of the hostesses over time, but Barefoot was one of the folks at the beginning, Samhass, KathyI, were there.. We have never in my memory ever had anything but pleasant times, never a disagreement. It is on the third Friday of the month at three in the afternoon, and the group usually meets on the outdoor patio.Nametags are provided. It has been so hot, that attendance does drop in the really hot months. Eileeny, who has been to many, many, meetings over time and many with her beloved Skyguy, now gone, will be the hostess today. In the past couple of years, maybe longer Ellen and Don have hosted but they are on vacation so Eileen has graciously stepped in this month. Folks usually get something cold to drink, some have a late lunch or early dinner and we usually sit in a circle and introduce ourselves and a bit about us, and just chat, many times for two or three hours. Very warm group. Anyone who reads TOTV is welcome. It is a different group each month.

Barefoot
08-19-2016, 12:27 PM
It's not really a club with a membership. Visitors and friends are welcome.
It's more of a casual get together in a relaxed setting. Gracie posted a good description.
It's fun, especially for newbies who post on TOTV. A good way to meet new friends!

Eileenny2tv
08-19-2016, 04:38 PM
We had a real small group today. It was Opmoochler and myself. We found that we have a number of things in common including growing up in NY. Hope to see more people in Sept.

Eileenny2tv
08-19-2016, 04:42 PM
Thank you Gracie and Barefoot in replying to the poster who asked if we were a club. I forgot to check TOTV before I left my house.

Taltarzac725
08-19-2016, 04:48 PM
I had an appointment at 12:15 PM to give platelets at One Blood which usually takes a few hours then I had a bunch of errands around US 441/27.

Sometime I may show up at one of these Crispers' meetings hopefully when more people are there and especially Graciegirl and some of the posters I have not met in person yet.

I am making a very hard effort to meet many new people. Best way to get over what turned out to be a bad match for a romance is to find someone new to obsess over and try to make happy.

Opmoochler
08-19-2016, 05:08 PM
We had a real small group today. It was Opmoochler and myself. We found that we have a number of things in common including growing up in NY. Hope to see more people in Sept.

I was disappointed not to meet a bunch of you, but enjoyed chatting with eileenny2tv. I usually can't get out on Fri afternoons, but hope to catch more of you the next time I do get out.

KathieI
08-19-2016, 05:38 PM
Here's a photo from Sept 09 and I suspect it was too hot outside, so we all sat inside in the a/c. Summertime usually had low attendance, since so many people leave the heat for cooler weather. Its fun to look at these old pictures on my computer.

graciegirl
08-19-2016, 05:54 PM
I was disappointed not to meet a bunch of you, but enjoyed chatting with eileenny2tv. I usually can't get out on Fri afternoons, but hope to catch more of you the next time I do get out.

I would have loved to be with both of you. My back was acting up today and I had to miss.

Taltarzac725
08-19-2016, 06:20 PM
Here's a photo from Sept 09 and I suspect it was too hot outside, so we all sat inside in the a/c. Summertime usually had low attendance, since so many people leave the heat for cooler weather. Its fun to look at these old pictures on my computer.

I do not think I have been to one of these since my then neighbor just to the South here in Lynnhaven was going too. She passed a few years back. I think of her every time I walk past where she used to live with her husband. This was Donna. https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/members/donna-5624/

Cannot say I remember her husband's name but seem to recall he was/is a helicopter pilot.

Nucky
08-19-2016, 06:22 PM
I would have loved to be with both of you. My back was acting up today and I had to miss.

I was Doctoring. I want to be there for new people the way they were there for us. Our first meeting at Crispers was wonderful. I was bleeding sweat that day...it was rough. We'll be there next month. Take Care. Take Care Mrs Gracie.

Barefoot
08-19-2016, 08:59 PM
I do not think I have been to one of these since my then neighbor just to the South here in Lynnhaven was going too. She passed a few years back. I think of her every time I walk past where she used to live with her husband. This was Donna.
We all miss dear Donna with the beautiful smile.
Donna and KathieI were very close friends.

Taltarzac725
08-19-2016, 09:09 PM
We all miss dear Donna with the beautiful smile.
Donna and KathieI were very close friends.

Yes. I remember that about those two.

KathieI showed up at Doggie Doo Run Run (DDRR) with her dogs in tow a long time ago. I was very glad and surprised to see her.

I am only going to DDRR rarely now trying to broaden my social horizons so maybe I will run into KathieI some where else.

Beau and I have a lot of exploring to do.

Opmoochler
08-19-2016, 10:32 PM
Yes. I remember that about those two.

KathieI showed up at Doggie Doo Run Run (DDRR) with her dogs in tow a long time ago. I was very glad and surprised to see her.

I am only going to DDRR rarely now trying to broaden my social horizons so maybe I will run into KathieI some where else.

Beau and I have a lot of exploring to do.

Is Beau a black lab by any chance?

Taltarzac725
08-20-2016, 02:44 AM
Is Beau a black lab by any chance?

No. He is a surprise. There maybe many Beaus in the Villages though. I have met many Baileys.

Opmoochler
08-20-2016, 09:46 AM
No. He is a surprise. There maybe many Beaus in the Villages though. I have met many Baileys.

I think the Beau we met must be a snowbird since I haven't seen him for quite a while.

KathieI
08-20-2016, 10:17 AM
I do not think I have been to one of these since my then neighbor just to the South here in Lynnhaven was going too. She passed a few years back. I think of her every time I walk past where she used to live with her husband. This was Donna. https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/members/donna-5624/

Cannot say I remember her husband's name but seem to recall he was/is a helicopter pilot.

Tal, his name was John, he was about 6'4" and Donna was barely 5'3" but they were adorable. Everytime you guys talk about her, I cry a lot. She was my bestie and I moved here for her and then she left me. Fond memories. :cry:

Taltarzac725
08-20-2016, 11:50 AM
Tal, his name was John, he was about 6'4" and Donna was barely 5'3" but they were adorable. Everytime you guys talk about her, I cry a lot. She was my bestie and I moved here for her and then she left me. Fond memories. :cry:

Is John still alive?

Barefoot
08-20-2016, 12:08 PM

Everything about Donna was adorable, from her smile to her ponytail! She had a glow about her.
Kathie, I know she was your bestie and I can only imagine how much you miss her.
But we keep her alive in our hearts.

Joejohnson
08-20-2016, 01:42 PM
This club was started by TOTV readers more than nine years ago and people who were interested in the name behind the screen name and personality of posters on TOTV began to meet at a restaurant next to Publix on 466 every month called Crispers.. I can't name all of the hostesses over time, but Barefoot was one of the folks at the beginning, Samhass, KathyI, were there.. We have never in my memory ever had anything but pleasant times, never a disagreement. It is on the third Friday of the month at three in the afternoon, and the group usually meets on the outdoor patio.Nametags are provided. It has been so hot, that attendance does drop in the really hot months. Eileeny, who has been to many, many, meetings over time and many with her beloved Skyguy, now gone, will be the hostess today. In the past couple of years, maybe longer Ellen and Don have hosted but they are on vacation so Eileen has graciously stepped in this month. Folks usually get something cold to drink, some have a late lunch or early dinner and we usually sit in a circle and introduce ourselves and a bit about us, and just chat, many times for two or three hours. Very warm group. Anyone who reads TOTV is welcome. It is a different group each month.
Thanks for the recognition Gracie. That is where you and I met and embraced for the first time.

KathieI
08-21-2016, 05:38 PM
Is John still alive?

Oh sure, he lives up in PA. Donna's daughter, Donna Marie comes to visit the villages periodically. They still own the house in Hadley.

Taltarzac725
08-21-2016, 06:15 PM
Oh sure, he lives up in PA. Donna's daughter, Donna Marie comes to visit the villages periodically. They still own the house in Hadley.

That's good to hear. I remember she was doing stuff with ghost hunters up in PA as well as here in the Villages. I mean Donna.

Weird Florida (http://www.weirdus.com/states/florida/road_less_traveled/rolling_acres_road/index.php)

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
08-22-2016, 10:05 AM
Wish I saw this earlier. I'll have to pay more attention next month.