PDA

View Full Version : The Iris Niche

Sable99
08-15-2016, 09:54 PM
I had my Iris built in 2012 and my home has the niche (that's what I call it) off the laundry room. My home is finally off the unfurnished, long-term rental market and I can now do something with the niche. I'm into genealogy so I've always planned on making that area a home office with some desk space and some filing cabinets! I would like to match my silk cabinets and the countertops in the bathrooms. Some posters on TOTV have posted pictures of what they have done with that area and I have saved them but, does anyone else have any pictures? Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a contractor? I'm in Michigan now so I don't even have the measurements for the niche! Mom and I are planning a trip to TV in the fall so I would like to do this project when we are there.

graciegirl
08-15-2016, 09:58 PM
I had my Iris build in 2012 and my home has the niche (that's what I call it) off the laundry room. My home is finally off the unfurnished, long-term rental market and I can now do something with the niche. I've always planned on making that area a home office. I would like to match my silk cabinets and the countertops in the bathrooms. Some posters on TOTV have posted pictures of what they have done with that area and I have saved them but, does anyone else ave any pictures? I'm into genealogy so I need some file space! Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a contractor?

What is a silk cabinet? If you want the exact same cabinets and countertops, call warranty and they can give you the name of the contractor who put yours in. It is worth seeing if their bid stacks up against others, anyway.

Sable99
08-15-2016, 10:05 PM
What is a silk cabinet? If you want the exact same cabinets and countertops, call warranty and they can give you the name of the contractor who put yours in. It is worth seeing if their bid stacks up against others, anyway.

Thanks Gracie! It's hard to explain the silk cabinets. It's a white cabinet but not a stark white. I plan to call Warranty and get the information on the cabinets and the countertops.

Sable99
08-15-2016, 10:27 PM
Here is a picture of the silk cabinets in my master bathroom.

asianthree
08-16-2016, 08:48 AM
We have silk cabinets in both of our homes. Company who installed is come in couple weeks for quote in our Lilly. We are thinking of removing the laundry cabinets, replacing with tall cabinets over w/d and on wall against kitchen. Then desk along that wall curving under the window with built in file cabinets in desk. Master closet bid also need more storage.

bluedivergirl
08-16-2016, 09:09 AM
We were able to get exact match pantry cabinets from Pro-Source Orlando. They were much less expensive than having a contractor provide them, and they were delivered and placed where we requested. All packaging was taken away by the delivery guys. Very satisfied.

DH installed mine, but I'm betting there are lots of contractors who can do it around. It isn't rocket science.

Carla B
08-16-2016, 01:15 PM
Ask the Warranty Dept. for the name of the manufacturer of the cabinets. There are likely many sources nearby that can sell that brand. We needed some extra cabinets made by Homecrest. I went on the Homecrest website and got exact specifications of the cabinets we needed, then got quotes from various companies around here that can order from Homecrest.

Sable99
10-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm going to be in TV in a few weeks and this is one of the projects I would like to get done on this trip. Any contractor recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks.

lake5798
10-10-2016, 04:48 PM
Contact Timberwood Properties ask for Tim Richardson, he installed a desk with file cabinets under the window, 2 corner shelves on each side of window and put a folding table / shelf over our washer and dryer, turned out great and was a big selling point of our Iris in 2014, he has since installed a new cabinet and granite top addition to our existing cabinets in our new Iris, also very good workmanship!!! 352 751 6904

Sable99
10-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Contact Timberwood Properties ask for Tim Richardson, he installed a desk with file cabinets under the window, 2 corner shelves on each side of window and put a folding table / shelf over our washer and dryer, turned out great and was a big selling point of our Iris in 2014, he has since installed a new cabinet and granite top addition to our existing cabinets in our new Iris, also very good workmanship!!! 352 751 6904

Thanks! Do you have pictures you could share?

lake5798
10-12-2016, 04:40 AM
Sorry,I do not have any pictures and we sold house 2 years ago, Tim can provide you with a 3D computer drawing of what it will look like.

Sable99
10-12-2016, 12:20 PM
Sorry,I do not have any pictures and we sold house 2 years ago, Tim can provide you with a 3D computer drawing of what it will look like.

I called them yesterday and we have an appointment as soon as we get to Florida. Thanks!