PDA

View Full Version : R I P. Sassy the clown

Fredman
08-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Sad to report tha Sassy the clown passed away last night. The villages lost a wonderful lady who was always there to lend a helping hand. She will be missed

krausaj
08-18-2016, 04:40 PM
Sassy, Jan Robbins, devoted her retirement to volunteerism. Her more than 20 years as a clown with The Villages Clown Alley 179 would serve to earn her place in heaven. However, that was not enough for our Sassy. She volunteered with her friend Mopsey and with her little dog Gabbie at Hospice. She collected and delivered food for a number of soup kitchens. If you were ill, she made soup and put you on the prayer wall. She was a strong lady with a huge heart, a great smile and a devilish twinkle in her eye. I was blessed to be her friend. Rest in Peace Sassy. I know
you are clowning with the Angels.
Alene "Rufflez" KRAUS
Friend of Sassy
President, The Villages Clown Alley 179

Carla B
08-18-2016, 09:20 PM
Sassy, Jan Robbins, devoted her retirement to volunteerism. Her more than 20 years as a clown with The Villages Clown Alley 179 would serve to earn her place in heaven. However, that was not enough for our Sassy. She volunteered with her friend Mopsey and with her little dog Gabbie at Hospice. She collected and delivered food for a number of soup kitchens. If you were ill, she made soup and put you on the prayer wall. She was a strong lady with a huge heart, a great smile and a devilish twinkle in her eye. I was blessed to be her friend. Rest in Peace Sassy. I know
you are clowning with the Angels.
Alene "Rufflez" KRAUS
Friend of Sassy
President, The Villages Clown Alley 179

What a lovely tribute!

manaboutown
08-18-2016, 09:42 PM
Andrew Blechman wrote about her in his book, "Leisureville". She touched his heart as well as many, many others. May she rest in peace.

rockyisle
08-19-2016, 06:46 AM
I had the honor of enjoying the love of Sassy as a volunteer at Cornerstone Hospice. She and Mopsey visited the families, patients and support staff every week. Her darling dog, Gabbie, was a loving, little pup who made everyone smile for just a moment or two. I'm so sad to think I will miss her life celebration (up north for the summer)... so will light a candle tonight in her honor. She was one in a million.

Taltarzac725
08-19-2016, 07:52 AM
Andrew Blechman wrote about her in his book, "Leisureville". She touched his heart as well as many, many others. May she rest in peace.

I will have to read that again. He also needs to read TOTV and spend some more time in the Villages than the two weeks he spent in late 2005. He talks of seeing King Kong at the Old Mill Playhouse. King Kong (2005) - Rotten Tomatoes (https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/king_kong/) That opened in late 2005.

Sassy the Clown looks like she was a beautiful person inside.

graciegirl
08-19-2016, 08:24 AM
Sassy the Clown looks like she was a beautiful person inside.

I met her just casually when we went to an event on the square and immediately knew she was a beautiful person. We had a rather long conversation at that time. Compassion and love often come from personal sad experiences and perhaps that is the fuel this wonderful woman used to help others.

Taltarzac725
08-19-2016, 10:09 AM
I met her just casually when we went to an event on the square and immediately knew she was a beautiful person. We had a rather long conversation at that time. Compassion and love often come from personal sad experiences and perhaps that is the fuel this wonderful woman used to help others.

That sounds very true.

I have met people who seemed to have given everything that life could offer them and they sometimes have little or no real compassion. I have met others though that have been graced by life and are great people inside and out.