PDA

View Full Version : Do the Community District Boards have

TimeForChange
08-20-2016, 12:36 PM
certain committee members to control certain things. Reason I ask is that we just moved in our second home in four years in TV. At a July 4th party I was approached by a person who chastised me for having a small sign by the entrance to my front door. That person then turned me in to the district and I received a letter regarding the sign. I then simply put the sign on my golf cart which is personal property. But, I was told this person was a member of "the board". I looked at the board members from my district and I cannot find the name of the person. Later this same person called the police regarding my landscaper leaving his trailer in front of my house when he is ICC approved and had cones in the street which is legal. I just wonder if this person is on some kind of committee.:shocked:

onslowe
08-20-2016, 12:43 PM
Maybe on some self created 'Committee of one.' Certainly not on any 'welcome committee!'

Was the sign political?

Challenger
08-20-2016, 12:56 PM
certain committee members to control certain things. Reason I ask is that we just moved in our second home in four years in TV. At a July 4th party I was approached by a person who chastised me for having a small sign by the entrance to my front door. That person then turned me in to the district and I received a letter regarding the sign. I then simply put the sign on my golf cart which is personal property. But, I was told this person was a member of "the board". I looked at the board members from my district and I cannot find the name of the person. Later this same person called the police regarding my landscaper leaving his trailer in front of my house when he is ICC approved and had cones in the street which is legal. I just wonder if this person is on some kind of committee.:shocked:

What did the sign say (was it commercial in nature?)

Bogie Shooter
08-20-2016, 01:54 PM

What message was on the sign?
Who told you this "person" was on the board?
Was the trailer left over night?

rubicon
08-20-2016, 02:19 PM

TimeForchange; This is your second home and based on the limited information you offer a number of residents might have taken umbrage as respect the rule for no signs and vehicles parked in the street. Perhaps we don't have a complete picture of the event. but to me it doesn't matter if the person complained was on a board or off a board every citizen is told that notice of violation of the rules has to begins with residents

some may complain that its petty but I submit if things like this are ignored before long this beautiful place will look like a dump

TimeForChange
08-20-2016, 02:22 PM
What message was on the sig?
Who told you this "person" was on the board?
Was the trailer left over night?

did not contain a name but a slogan. It was the same size as one of the lawn companies signs after they treat your lawn. It was not even fully visable from the street. I counted 13 yard signs that are four times as large as the one I had up within a few blocks of my street. The landscapers trailer was left overnight but he said that he is ICC approved and can do that as long as he leaves cones to show the position of the trailer. There are trailers left all over my Village all the time.

graciegirl
08-20-2016, 02:26 PM
did not contain a name but a slogan. It was the same size as one of the lawn companies signs after they treat your lawn. It was not even fully visable from the street. I counted 13 yard signs that are four times as large as the one I had up within a few blocks of my street. The landscapers trailer was left overnight but he said that he is ICC approved and can do that as long as he leaves cones to show the position of the trailer. There are trailers left all over my Village all the time.

No signs in yards south of 466. No yard art without permission south of 466. You can put things that others don't like and have reported you on under the eaves smack dab up against your house technically, and if you want to be insistent. BUT..........your fan club will lose members.

Bogie Shooter
08-20-2016, 04:07 PM

Slogan? What slogan?

Carla B
08-20-2016, 08:37 PM
Just curious...What is "ICC" approved?

CFrance
08-20-2016, 08:53 PM
Sure glad I didn't buy south of 466. Sounds like there are some real pain the the a*&$es down there. Geez.

And people who do not like regulations designed to keep a neighborhood clean and clear of such things should not buy south of 466. I like deed restrictions. I don't like political signs or duck/pig/flamingo statues and the like in front yards and am glad for those restrictions in my neighborhood. Everything looks beautiful here, and that is one of the reasons why.

I don't know about ICC vis-a-vis landscaping trucks. Unless you're in a CYV, isn't your street county ruled? Perhaps a call to their offices would answer the truck question. I wouldn't necessarily trust the landscaper to have the right info.

OP could have a self-appointed neighborhood rule sergeant on his hands. In which case Look out.

TimeForChange
08-21-2016, 11:49 AM
Interstate Commerce Commission. If you operate a vehicle (truck with trailer) for a business you have to be registered with them. That is the number you see on the door of all large trucks.

TimeForChange
08-21-2016, 11:57 AM
And people who do not like regulations designed to keep a neighborhood clean and clear of such things should not buy south of 466. I like deed restrictions. I don't like political signs or duck/pig/flamingo statues and the like in front yards and am glad for those restrictions in my neighborhood. Everything looks beautiful here, and that is one of the reasons why.

I don't know about ICC vis-a-vis landscaping trucks. Unless you're in a CYV, isn't your street county ruled? Perhaps a call to their offices would answer the truck question. I wouldn't necessarily trust the landscaper to have the right info.

OP could have a self-appointed neighborhood rule sergeant on his hands. In which case Look out.

There are yard signs, pink flamingo's, gator replicas, university banners and just about anything else you can name in many yards South of 466A. As I said even after completing landscaping or yard work the contractors leave signs up in yards all over. I counted 13 within a few blocks of my house in North LaBelle. It was the same when I lived in the Village of Charlotte. The landscaper has been doing work in TV for 15 years but does not use signs. He goes by word of mouth and stays booked all the time. He is originally from FL and I can assure you he knows the rules. The police were called by someone and they came by and took pictures but he said they are required to do that. Once they run his tag he said there is nothing they can do that he is ICC and County approved.

graciegirl
08-21-2016, 01:45 PM
There are yard signs, pink flamingo's, gator replicas, university banners and just about anything else you can name in many yards South of 466A. As I said even after completing landscaping or yard work the contractors leave signs up in yards all over. I counted 13 within a few blocks of my house in North LaBelle. It was the same when I lived in the Village of Charlotte. The landscaper has been doing work in TV for 15 years but does not use signs. He goes by word of mouth and stays booked all the time. He is originally from FL and I can assure you he knows the rules. The police were called by someone and they came by and took pictures but he said they are required to do that. Once they run his tag he said there is nothing they can do that he is ICC and County approved.

Yard signs, pink flamingos, gator replicas, and banners are restricted by deed restrictions south of 466. If someone reports them they will have to be removed or that person will be fined. They can be moved to up under the eaves.

Boats and motor homes can be parked in driveways for a limited amount of time or similar warning and then fine.