PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Development at 466A & 462 is dead!

Chopper
08-20-2016, 02:30 PM
The developer that was going to build 400 rental units at the northeast corner of 466A & 462 has declared bankruptcy! Might be a long time before anything is developed on the property. Read about it on that other website.

graciegirl
08-20-2016, 02:45 PM
The developer that was going to build 400 rental units at the northeast corner of 466A & 462 has declared bankruptcy! Might be a long time before anything is developed on the property. Read about it on that other website.

Is this the brand new one that just began to move dirt a couple of weeks ago, and that abuts property in The Villages? The one on 466A across from Pinelles Plaza? The one that would have all ages living there?

Mikeod
08-20-2016, 02:51 PM
Is this the brand new one that just began to move dirt a couple of weeks ago, and that abuts property in The Villages? The one on 466A across from Pinelles Plaza? The one that would have all ages living there?

Well, if so, the mayor of Wildwood may have shot himself in the foot. He could not reach a deal with The Villages, if that is the one, and I remember correctly.
I believe this one is west of the one currently grading. This one abuts 462.

graciegirl
08-20-2016, 03:39 PM
I believe this one is west of the one currently grading. This one abuts 462.

Thanks Mike. I just asked Henry where is 462 and he didn't answer so I jumped to conclusions.

Villageswimmer
08-20-2016, 03:39 PM
Right, the parcel currently being developed is the east most one abutting Sand Hill GC.

Bogie Shooter
08-20-2016, 04:11 PM

I wonder if the Wildwood city fathers will regret their decision to award the property to that developer?

Villageswimmer
08-20-2016, 04:24 PM
I wonder if the Wildwood city fathers will regret their decision to award the property to that developer?

I wonder if they'll change their collective minds and renegotiate with TV? I think there could still be GC access via Tamarind Grove.

villagetinker
08-20-2016, 04:49 PM
OH good, now all the villagers living in the vicinity of this mostly SANDY lot will be subjected to blowing dust, since all the grass cover has been removed, and this is Wildwood, we have no official say..........

RickeyD
08-20-2016, 04:51 PM
OH good, now all the villagers living in the vicinity of this mostly SANDY lot will be subjected to blowing dust, since all the grass cover has been removed, and this is Wildwood, we have no official say..........

Which is why TV was turned down as the developer.

Villageswimmer
08-20-2016, 05:00 PM

I didn't realize they cleared that parcel already.

villagetinker
08-20-2016, 05:19 PM
I didn't realize they cleared that parcel already.

If you travel west of 466a from Buena Vista, all you see to the North is lots of dirt and sand.

On a side note, an email has been sent to Janet Tutt asking for her assistance in getting Wildwood to have the developer return the land to a grassed area to control dust, and if necessary to restore the landscape to original contours to reduce possible flooding.

Villageswimmer
08-20-2016, 05:49 PM
If you travel west of 466a from Buena Vista, all you see to the North is lots of dirt and sand.

On a side note, an email has been sent to Janet Tutt asking for her assistance in getting Wildwood to have the developer return the land to a grassed area to control dust, and if necessary to restore the landscape to original contours to reduce possible flooding.

Excellent! Thanks for doing that.

Happydaz
08-20-2016, 06:32 PM
I think it may be possible we have confused the two developments on 466A. I believe the one under construction now is still a go. This is the development that Lowes has an application in for. The other proposed development across from Publix and Walgreens that abutts 462 and 466A is the one that the developer is seeking bankruptcy. This was the same parcel of land that The Villages proposed building on. It would certainly be nice if Wildwood would now approve this if The Villages makes another try at it. The other development with all the land cleared is for three big box stores, medical offices, apartments, gas station, etc..and that is rapidly moving ahead.

villagetinker
08-20-2016, 06:57 PM
I will need to look over the maps when I get a chance, but there is an awful lot of land being disturbed for a Lowes. When I get a chance, I will need to look up the maps for the site.

Villageswimmer, you are welcome. It will be interesting to see if I get a response.

Chopper
08-20-2016, 07:41 PM
No dirt has been moved on the parcel at the intersection of 466A & 462. No dust to worry about.

villagetinker
08-20-2016, 08:02 PM
OK, I found the map, and this looks just like the area that I see reduced to bare earth, and yes I agree there has been no work at the corner of 462 and 466a.

shanson99
08-21-2016, 12:14 AM

I think the entire Wholelife Project was some kind of a hoax. I looked up the development names of previous projects when I first read about the new rental development coming on 462 and 466A. I saw pretty pictures but could never find any of their projects actually ever built, not even in Texas. It was mostly about tying up the land.

Bigger minds than mine could figure it all out. Maybe it was to get all the sewer and water lines in place and paid for by Wildwood? Obviously Wholelife isn't going to pay now that they are in bankruptcy. I just can't understand how Wholelife really operated. The other newspaper said Wholelife had one owner.

The citizens of Wildwood may have questions.

skip0358
08-21-2016, 06:17 AM
OK, I found the map, and this looks just like the area that I see reduced to bare earth, and yes I agree there has been no work at the corner of 462 and 466a.

The online newspaper has an article about this. The piece that is started is fine no problems. The piece that is not started is the one that's in trouble and filed for bankruptcy protection.
Maybe The Villages will get it's chance yet !

photo1902
08-21-2016, 06:37 AM
Once again everyone panicking and giving misinformation. These are two separate developments we're dealing with. Everyone take a deep breath.

2BNTV
08-21-2016, 07:02 AM
One thing is for sure, the TV developer isn't filing for bankruptcy. :1rotfl:

villagetinker
08-21-2016, 08:15 AM
Once again everyone panicking and giving misinformation. These are two separate developments we're dealing with. Everyone take a deep breath.

Photo1902,
You are correct, I made the mistake and confused Trailwinds (the development currently being worked on) and Wholelife (the one declaring bankruptcy).

There were so many potential developments for this location, I had them mixed up. Glad you pointed this out and made me go back and double check.

VT

bilcon
08-21-2016, 08:50 AM
The other big plot is still being developed by Tailwinds near Sandhill Golf Course. They are already putting in underground fixtures. You won't even be able to move in Brownwood when all these non-Villagers move in.

John_W
08-21-2016, 09:52 AM
This is what is currently under construction.

TRAILWINDS VILLAGE | Barclay Group (http://barclaygroup.com/property/trailwinds-village/)

http://barclaygroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Trailwinds-Flyer-May-9-2016_Page_1.jpg

asianthree
08-21-2016, 10:38 AM
Glad I can get away for a few months from TV. That way when I come back I can see all of the new areas that are being built without having to deal with speculation. Sad however for those who live along the new building site. The dust the noise during building is horrific. We were the third house being built in our area and even with windows closed I had a dirt farm inside our house. Hoping that they make the buildings aesthetically pleasing to those homes surrounding this new building area.

outlaw
08-21-2016, 08:49 PM

I don't think Wildwood owned that property. They were only involved in approving a development proposal.

Allegiance
08-21-2016, 09:13 PM
This is what is currently under construction.

TRAILWINDS VILLAGE | Barclay Group (http://barclaygroup.com/property/trailwinds-village/)

http://barclaygroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Trailwinds-Flyer-May-9-2016_Page_1.jpg
No debate yet about when/if these people can use our Golf cart trails?

Barboza
08-22-2016, 02:48 AM
What happened to the assisted living that was supposed to be going in where now it shows multi family homes? Also did the Villages homeowners realise that big box stores like Lowes would be part of the development. This plan seems quite different to the one I saw before.
When the Villages were in negotiation for land it was for the whole piece including Trailwinds.
The digging that can be seen along the rear of the properties abutting Beaumont property (466A/462) is the laying of utilities

skip0358
08-22-2016, 07:04 AM
Gee just a maybe thought. Wonder if The Villages will get involved anyways like they are with the new development S/O the Turnpike? As someone else has said they'll never file for Bankruptcy.

justjim
08-22-2016, 09:58 AM

Developer's file bankruptcy all the time. Big ones and small ones leave a lot of vendors and investors "holding the empty bag". WholeLife Development was proposing, as part of their project, 400 rental bungalows. That seemed like a bad idea from the word go and some of us thought so on the original thread when the project was first announced.

It appears that Wildwood Commisiioners didn't do their due diligence when approving the WholeLife Development project. Hopefully, they will get better results the next time around. Though it could be a while before they get another chance.

If Wildwood Commisiioners had gone with The Village Developer's proposal, they certainly would have come up with different results.

Allegiance
08-22-2016, 10:03 AM
Developer's file bankruptcy all the time. Big ones and small ones leave a lot of vendors and investors "holding the empty bag". WholeLife Development was proposing, as part of their project, 400 rental bungalows. That seemed like a bad idea from the word go and some of us thought so on the original thread when the project was first announced.

It appears that Wildwood Commisiioners didn't do their due diligence when approving the WholeLife Development project. Hopefully, they will get better results the next time around. Though it could be a while before they get another chance.

If Wildwood Commisiioners had gone with The Village Developer's proposal, they certainly would have come up with different results.
When due diligence is not done there is usually a trail to who screwed up. Sometimes that trail leads to wrongdoing beyond incompetence.

2BNTV
08-22-2016, 01:38 PM

Totally agree!!!

If I remember correctly, the Mayor of Wildwood wanted this area to be built to his specifications and TV said, they wanted to do it their way.

Hopefully, they will come back to TV development team.

goodtimesintv
08-22-2016, 01:53 PM
It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face, when a board decides to go with seething envy and resentment of the "rich" developer instead of going with proven results that are fiscally sane and paid for by happy occupants of the new properties.

JCMSr
08-22-2016, 07:20 PM
In reading through the comments it appears that many folks are thinking Wildwood should come crawling back, apologies in hand, to The Villages and ask them to develop this tract of land. Unfortunately, the City of Wildwood can only sit back and see what happens at this point. Assuming the initial developer completed the land purchase there is most likely a bank somewhere with a mortgage on this property and they will be the one's who determine when, to whom and for how much the property will be sold. Most developers try to secure tracts of land such as this by having a contract subject to approval of their development plan by the local authorities. If, as in the case of The Villages and the Wildwood mayor, their plan is rejected they are under no obligation to go through with the sale. Even if the land was financed by the previous owner things will most likely be tied up in the bankruptcy courts for months if not years. Now that the adjacent tracts of land have been sold and are being developed by others I would doubt that The Villages would be interested in developing such a small tract of land. Lets hope that another developer comes along with a more suitable plan that can coexist with what we are more used to seeing here in The Villages. Just do not expect anything to be done any time in the near future.

villagetinker
08-22-2016, 08:20 PM
In reading through the comments it appears that many folks are thinking Wildwood should come crawling back, apologies in hand, to The Villages and ask them to develop this tract of land. Unfortunately, the City of Wildwood can only sit back and see what happens at this point. Assuming the initial developer completed the land purchase there is most likely a bank somewhere with a mortgage on this property and they will be the one's who determine when, to whom and for how much the property will be sold. Most developers try to secure tracts of land such as this by having a contract subject to approval of their development plan by the local authorities. If, as in the case of The Villages and the Wildwood mayor, their plan is rejected they are under no obligation to go through with the sale. Even if the land was financed by the previous owner things will most likely be tied up in the bankruptcy courts for months if not years. Now that the adjacent tracts of land have been sold and are being developed by others I would doubt that The Villages would be interested in developing such a small tract of land. Lets hope that another developer comes along with a more suitable plan that can coexist with what we are more used to seeing here in The Villages. Just do not expect anything to be done any time in the near future.

I agree this will be tied up for a long time, unless the original developer can 'pull a rabbit out of the hat' and come out of bankruptcy. Having stated that, I think the original plan was somewhat shaky with the proposed rental rate of the housing units. I also agree that if the land goes back up for sale all bets may be off for the proposed development, depending on Wildwood. All we can do is wait and see.

bike42
08-22-2016, 09:03 PM
According to the Sumter County Property Appraiser (http://www.sumterpa.com/gis/) website, the property was never sold to WholeLife. The last transaction was in 2008. So Wildwood is just back where they started.

outlaw
08-22-2016, 09:56 PM
It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face, when a board decides to go with seething envy and resentment of the "rich" developer instead of going with proven results that are fiscally sane and paid for by happy occupants of the new properties.

What a bunch of horse hockey. Contrary to what you think, the sun doesn't rise and set for the pleasure of The One".

JCMSr
08-23-2016, 09:30 AM
:welcome::mademyday:According to the Sumter County Property Appraiser (http://www.sumterpa.com/gis/) website, the property was never sold to WholeLife. The last transaction was in 2008. So Wildwood is just back where they started.

Not necessarily true that property was never sold to WholeLife. Government websites are notorious for taking weeks and sometimes months to reflect updated transactions. Would not be surprised if current data was 90 to 120 days out of date. On the other hand, I would not be surprised if the transfer never took place given the financial status of WholeLife.

GatorFan
08-23-2016, 10:38 AM

I can assure you they will not regret their decision. They are looking out for the City of Wildwood and all the residents.

goodtimesintv
08-23-2016, 12:31 PM
What a bunch of horse hockey. Contrary to what you think, the sun doesn't rise and set for the pleasure of The One".

I don't view the TV developers as "The One" in whom "the sun rises and sets".

I view them as solvent and a much better fiscal bet the city could have placed for actually accomplishing this project/investment in the community.

Villageswimmer
08-23-2016, 12:37 PM
I can assure you they will not regret their decision. They are looking out for the City of Wildwood and all the residents.

Really? How so?

outlaw
08-24-2016, 09:51 AM
Really? How so?

Someone else will come along and develop it in accordance with the city requirements. That's how so.

justjim
08-24-2016, 10:12 AM
Someone else will come along and develop it in accordance with the city requirements. That's how so.

This property will be developed eventually. The operative word here is eventually. The property could be tied up in court for months or years.

Perhaps Wildwood won't miss the taxes they could already be getting if the Village Developer's proposal had been accepted instead of a little known Developer's proposal from out of State. Turning down The Village Developer (a solvent known quality developer) for an virtual "unknown" (proposing 400 bungalow rentals) sure doesn't seem logical or make sense IMHO.

Chi-Town
08-24-2016, 10:45 AM
Drive down 301 and go east or west a bit. Tell me how well the residents are looked out for. The city fathers obviously never regretted a decision.

cb1972
09-07-2016, 03:30 PM
is there a link this map ? this looks a bit different than the Trailwinds/Barclay website drawing

Villageswimmer
09-07-2016, 05:01 PM

Of course they will.

In the meantime, Wildwood loses mucho tax dollars. Why the hostility?

outlaw
09-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Of course they will.

In the meantime, Wildwood loses mucho tax dollars. Why the hostility?

I get tired of TVers acting so arrogant and sticking their noses in the air, putting down locals every chance they get. No wonder the locals think TVers are a bunch of aholes. But I don't feel hostile.

billethkid
09-07-2016, 06:54 PM
I get tired of TVers acting so arrogant and sticking their noses in the air, putting down locals every chance they get. No wonder the locals think TVers are a bunch of aholes. But I don't feel hostile.

I suggest modifying the above by stating SOME TVers.

I also suspect the same is true for SOME of the locals.

A few isolated cases do not represent the other 98.947583% of us who are not at all like you state.

Villageswimmer
09-07-2016, 06:56 PM

If the "locals" think that way, it's been lost on me. I've always found them to be friendly, helpful and courteous.

champion6
09-08-2016, 01:24 PM
is there a link this map ? this looks a bit different than the Trailwinds/Barclay website drawingI don't understand your question, but here are two links:

Trailwinds Village, currently being developed

Development proposed by WholeLife, not yet started
http://www.**************.com/major-new-development-moves-closer-to-reality-where-villages-had-hoped-to-build/

Sheesh! OK, you must replace all the ***** with villages<one hyphen>news

golf2140
09-08-2016, 03:13 PM
If everyone remembers, the Mayor of Wildwood was against T.V. because he thought that he could have been voted out of office.

justjim
09-08-2016, 04:19 PM
If everyone remembers, the Mayor of Wildwood was against T.V. because he thought that he could have been voted out of office.

There is nothing quite like so called local non-partisan politics. I must have missed this piece of information about the mayor of Wildwood. Anyway, it appears that the Village of wildwood missed out on a real opportunity to quickly have this property developed by a quality known Developer.

Mikeod
09-08-2016, 08:29 PM
There is nothing quite like so called local non-partisan politics. I must have missed this piece of information about the mayor of Wildwood. Anyway, it appears that the Village of wildwood missed out on a real opportunity to quickly have this property developed by a quality known Developer.
If I remember correctly, one of the sticking points was that Wildwood wanted its residents to have golf cart access to the section and the developer balked at that. That may have led to the infamous wall in the historic section that some felt was an effort to show that TV was serious about not allowing non-resident cart access.