PDA

View Full Version : What yard lighting is legal?

JerryLBell
08-23-2016, 01:45 PM
My wife and I bought a house in The Villages last year and hope to move there early next year. At our current house we have some of those solar lights that line the sidewalk and a decorative lamp that highlights a tree in the front yard. Is this type of lighting allowed for houses in The Villages? I'm sure I've got the covenants and everything buried somewhere at home (I'm at work at the moment) but now I can't remember what I read about that. It seems like I recall that pretty much any kind of yard decoration, lighting or signage is largely forbidden.

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies!

JerryLBell
08-23-2016, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the information and the welcome! We're looking forward to being neighbors to y'all!

asianthree
08-23-2016, 07:39 PM
As long as the lights don't shine into your neighboring house, there should be no problems. We have solar lights in our flower beds and a light in our palm. Just a reminder if you have a street light you need better solar or they won't light because os the street light

villagetinker
08-23-2016, 09:22 PM
You might want to be careful shining a light on your garden gnome all night:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

On a more serious side, several neighbors have up lighting on trees and low level lighting in the gardens, these typically turn on around dusk, and off later in the evening. Also, there are several with lights on their flags, dusk to dawn.