PDA

View Full Version : Fountain Pros and Cons

optv13sp
08-25-2016, 09:16 AM
We are looking to add a medium size fountain to our back yard. What are the pros and cons to having a fountain? What type of maintenance is required? Also, if anyone has one for sale, please PM me.

spring_chicken
08-25-2016, 11:07 AM
We are looking to add a medium size fountain to our back yard. What are the pros and cons to having a fountain? What type of maintenance is required? Also, if anyone has one for sale, please PM me.

Pro: peaceful, serene.

Con: makes me have to pee.

Retiring
08-25-2016, 11:21 AM
If there will be running water for many hours daily please get your neighbors opinion. He or she will be forced to hear it all day long. I love water features and enjoy the noise but some do not. No need to tick off the neighbor. There are fountains that are close to silent, but they’re not cheap.

villagetinker
08-25-2016, 11:27 AM
Neighbor put one in, real nice. Yes I can hear the water, but we do not mind the 'white' noise. My neighbor has indicated that leaves and other debris is a problem requiring at least weekly cleanings. Now this is a large water fountain, a smaller one may not have the same cleaning requirements. Will also depend a lot on surrounding trees. You may also need to drain and clean several times per year.
Glad you are asking questions first.

graciegirl
08-25-2016, 11:28 AM
We had a cascading fountain that required filling. I would have a self filler if I were to do it again. Water evaporates quickly and it needed to be filled every day.

We bought a Resin type fountain from Lowes and it cracked and we were unable to fix it so it is now a flower container.