PDA

View Full Version : Poop!

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
08-27-2016, 09:33 AM
No, not that kind. I have lizard poop all over my front porch and the chairs that we have out there. There is also some, but much less on my lanai.

Is there some thing I can pout down to keep them away for these areas?

Oldcrank
08-27-2016, 10:06 AM
Darn it man!!! I hate when someone makes a command, I just react!!! Now for the clean up.

Bogie Shooter
08-27-2016, 10:10 AM
No, not that kind. I have lizard poop all over my front porch and the chairs that we have out there. There is also some, but much less on my lanai.

A large tom cat!:lipsrsealed:

graciegirl
08-27-2016, 10:57 AM
A large tom cat!:lipsrsealed:

Bogie is right as usual. But Mikey and Bootsie aren't allowed on the front porch, only the screened in lanai where they chase those gecko's until they forget what insurance company they work for.

On the front porch I have to spray and wipe down and cuss.

2BNTV
08-27-2016, 11:21 AM
Get a big supply of glue traps.

I used one in my house as the gecko thought he lived here! Problem solved!

Bjeanj
08-27-2016, 01:21 PM
Um, can you describe what lizard poop looks like?
Like normal, except really small?
Color?
I may have seen some but not recognized it for what it is.

rubicon
08-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Don't get me started . I have shared my happy moments and travails with my pet daring dactyloidae (anole). I expressed my joy when daring got married and when he had twins Marco Polo (MP) and Lewis & Clark (LC). I expressed my pride when we went for walks. As he walked ahead while I was holding his dental floss leash the pride I felt when my neighbors went fawning all over him. So you can image what my neighbors felt when I walked the entire family. And the fun I had with MP when he showed me how he lost his tail..."Look Uncle Rubi see what I can do".

But something has gone amiss. A family of four has suddenly multiplied. I asked why and daring said well......its The Villages Florida's Friendliest Home town.

and i said daring I understand but The Villages is big do all of your relatives have to gather together on my lanai and bird cage?

Poop here poop there its grayish/black about the size of a cucumber seed. Mrs Rubi says well the little fellows eat the insect on the lanai and I said yea but like cigarette smoke it would suit me better if it didn't come out:sigh:

Carla B
08-27-2016, 03:04 PM
That is so funny, Rubicon!

Aloha1
08-27-2016, 03:57 PM
In Hawai'i, a gecko in the house is considered good luck. Of, course in Hawai'i we had to contend with 9 inch long poisonous centipedes which the geckos went after!

Paper1
08-27-2016, 04:51 PM

Get yourself a couple of those black racer snakes for lanai

Villager Joyce
08-27-2016, 04:57 PM
Lizard poop is dark with a white sack attached. They poop and pee at once.

dbussone
08-27-2016, 06:12 PM
Lizard poop is dark with a white sack attached. They poop and pee at once.

Kind of like ground hugging birds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rivaridger1
08-28-2016, 06:21 AM
Up north we had bats that would finish their evening meal and then hang themselves under the overhang to our front porch to digest it before going back to the cave. Never could get rid of them. I'll deal with the lizard leavings any day of the week as opposed to that. " Annie " the Ragdoll who acts as the lizard eliminator also seems to want to bring the darn things into the house from the liana before they are thoroughly dead. My wife just hates that.

Villager Joyce
08-28-2016, 07:21 AM
Up north we had bats that would finish their evening meal and then hang themselves under the overhang to our front porch to digest it before going back to the cave. Never could get rid of them. I'll deal with the lizard leavings any day of the week as opposed to that. " Annie " the Ragdoll who acts as the lizard eliminator also seems to want to bring the darn things into the house from the liana before they are thoroughly dead. My wife just hates that.

I would rather have a lizard than a bat without a doubt, but I don't want the lizard either. My cat immediately brings the lizard in the house heading directly for our bed. My husband's size 13 shoe stops that pretty quickly!

rubicon
08-28-2016, 12:37 PM

rivaridger: When I first moved here a number of the tunnels were infested with bats. I called property management more than once. Whatever they did or perhaps it was in combination with the disease killing bats the situation abated. However I went through the tunnel under 466 prior to Palmers and was greeted by a bat last Monday. And I'm also glad that anole's don't fly too

Topspinmo
08-28-2016, 02:38 PM
Where's all these geckos. I haven't seen one. Now I seen some Anolis lizards. Which catch unwanted bugs, spiders, and other insects. So you kill the little defenseless lizards, then your going to get bombarded by insects. Might try filling in all the cracks and holes where their getting in. Or you will jut get other uninvited guess?

anolis lizards - Google Search (https://www.google.com/search?q=anolis+lizards&biw=1920&bih=926&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiZnIqj7eTOAhXLMx4KHURfBrIQ_AUIBigB)

kstew43
08-28-2016, 03:38 PM
supposedly......when I had that same issue in South Florida, I was informed by the pest sales Co...that geckos are a good thing...they eat the ants.....

so he said, get rid of the ants and the food supply will dry up and the geckos will move on.....

kinda of worked.... but not as well as I had hoped...

we really didnt think we had any lunch {ants} for the geckos..... but I guess we did...

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
08-28-2016, 05:13 PM
I don't want to kill the lizards. I just don't want them pooping on my porch. Is there something that I could spray that would keep them away from that area?

CWGUY
08-28-2016, 05:34 PM

Are you sure it is "lizard poop"?

Maybe it is "Beatle Poop"! :oops:

perrjojo
08-28-2016, 05:46 PM
Where's all these geckos. I haven't seen one. Now I seen some Anolis lizards. Which catch unwanted bugs, spiders, and other insects. So you kill the little defenseless lizards, then your going to get bombarded by insects. Might try filling in all the cracks and holes where their getting in. Or you will jut get other uninvited guess?

anolis lizards - Google Search (https://www.google.com/search?q=anolis+lizards&biw=1920&bih=926&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiZnIqj7eTOAhXLMx4KHURfBrIQ_AUIBigB)

I agree. Many call them geckos or chameleons but they are anoles. Yes, they make a mess but do keep our insect population down. Unfortunately our native green anoles are disappearing as they are being starved out by an invasive species of Cuban and Bahama anoles. I loved the green ones ...the others...not so much.

Topspinmo
08-28-2016, 06:15 PM
I agree. Many call them geckos or chameleons but they are anoles. Yes, they make a mess but do keep our insect population down. Unfortunately our native green anoles are disappearing as they are being starved out by an invasive species of Cuban and Bahama anoles. I loved the green ones ...the others...not so much.

I have green ones. They re rare, I see baby or juveniles. I think they live up in the palms?

kstew43
08-28-2016, 07:01 PM
I don't want to kill the lizards. I just don't want them pooping on my porch. Is there something that I could spray that would keep them away from that area?

someone suggested to me hot sauce.....but I never tried it myself....

dbussone
08-28-2016, 07:17 PM

We are crawling with green anoles. You are welcome to come and take some to your home. ::jester::

perrjojo
08-28-2016, 07:24 PM
We are crawling with green anoles. You are welcome to come and take some to your home. ::jester::
We are over run with the brown ones and rarely see the green ones.

perrjojo
08-28-2016, 07:45 PM
i guess every area has their critters.

dbussone
08-28-2016, 08:50 PM
i guess every area has their critters.

Diversity in The Villages - what can I say?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

asianthree
08-29-2016, 03:15 AM
We must live in a diverse house. We have green and brown. My homewatch says it's their home they allow us to live there.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
08-29-2016, 08:10 AM
Are you sure it is "lizard poop"?

Maybe it is "Beatle Poop"! :oops:

If anyone could recognize Beatle poop, it's me.

Topspinmo
08-29-2016, 01:18 PM
If anyone could recognize Beatle poop, it's me.

I thought their poop didn't stink! Therefore hard to recognize! :wave:

Topspinmo
08-29-2016, 01:19 PM
You might try placing some "Moth Balls" around. Also you could try spraying "Ammonia" in some places...Lowes has "Snake powder" you could try that.

Mothballs don't work

CWGUY
08-29-2016, 03:05 PM
You might try placing some "Moth Balls" around. Also you could try spraying "Ammonia" in some places...Lowes has "Snake powder" you could try that.

Mothballs don't work

:confused: Too small?