PDA

View Full Version : Responsible Dog Owners Group information from article in Villages Daily Sun

Taltarzac
03-11-2009, 12:49 PM
For those who missed this Villages Daily Sun article, this is useful information.

http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/articles/2008/12/18/lifestyles/lifestyles02.txt

Responsible Dog Owners
03-19-2009, 10:28 PM
:2excited:Thank you TOTV for inviting the Responsible Dog Owners Group to be a part of the communications link you have with Villagers. My name is Karen Tynes. I am the President of RDOG and am excited to be a part of such a great group. Regarding the article in The Daily Sun about RDOG...our meetings have been changed to the second Monday of the month; continue to be held at Mulberry Grove Rec Center; and are held from 7:00 to 8:30pm. Once I get the hand of this new communications vehicle I'll be writing soon.

tony
03-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Talk of The Villages is so pleased that Karen and RDOG has accepted our invitation to post on here. Let us know what we can do.

:eclipsee_gold_cup:

We ask all ToTVers to watch for her posts, and watch for any misplaced pooches she reports.

Taltarzac
03-20-2009, 08:03 AM
:2excited:Thank you TOTV for inviting the Responsible Dog Owners Group to be a part of the communications link you have with Villagers. My name is Karen Tynes. I am the President of RDOG and am excited to be a part of such a great group. Regarding the article in The Daily Sun about RDOG...our meetings have been changed to the second Monday of the month; continue to be held at Mulberry Grove Rec Center; and are held from 7:00 to 8:30pm. Once I get the hand of this new communications vehicle I'll be writing soon.

Welcome RDOG and Karen Tynes to TOTV.

Responsible Dog Owners
04-12-2009, 09:31 AM
The Dog Park Focus Group meeting scheduled for April 16th, 2:00pm, at the Savannah Center will eventually make recommendations to the Amenity Authority Committee as to whether we need more dog parks in The Villages or not. Currently there is a group who will not accept anything smaller than a "5 STAR" dog facility; an enclosed building with air conditioning; swimming pools; agility fields, etc. RDOG objects to this. Doggy Doo Run Run, with its 15 acres, can more than easily support the activities of these other groups and is located central to The Villages on CR 101 just north of SR 466.

The Responsible Dog Owners Group (RDOG) simply want, at a minimum, two more parks, similar in size to Paradise Dog Park where we can take our companions to socialize with other dogs. We would like to see these parks built on land currently owned by the Districts within close proximity to water, emergency services, bathroom facilities and phone service, again, similar to the Paradise Dog Park. Our recommendation is have a park in The Villages of Marion County and in Sumter County. These parks would be within an 8 mile distance of each other triangularly placed in and around The Villages. We have already established an Ambassador's Group of volunteers who will oversee the parks' rules. We are soliciting the dog owners and non-dog owners in The Villages to join us in resolving this much discussed issue.

BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION:2excited: