PDA

View Full Version : Happy hours in TV

spring_chicken
09-01-2016, 12:09 PM
My take is based strictly on domestic beers. Feel free to add comments concerning liquor, wine, etc...
My opinion on $$ value at different places is as follows:

Cody's: Good deal, the bar menu is a winner. It's bogo and they are pints with it coming out to just under $5 for 2 pints.

RJ Gators: One of the worst values because while it's bogo, the glasses are only 8 oz apiece and the cost is the same as Cody's. I did a comparison on buying pitchers instead the other day. We had 3 pitchers which came to $27 plus tax. Each pitcher held about 7 or 8 of their 8oz beers, so we spent around $30 for around 24 beers. Had we done the bogo, well, do the math yourself. Also, they make you take both drinks at once unless you are sitting at the bar.

Gator's Dockside: While they also have 8 oz glasses, they also offer a pint. The 8 oz is $1.25 (basically half of the price at RJ Gators) and the pint is $2.50 (they just raised the price from $2). This is more comparable to Cody's.

Arnold Palmer: I have no idea what their exact prices are but we went during happy hour and the tab was $10 for 3 beers and a Jack with a splash of water (very heavily poured). Just the Jack alone would be $10 at a lot of places. Downside, happy hour is only a few hours a day.

Beef O'Brady's: Good deal on the bogos, I don't know exact prices, but like most places, unless you are sitting at the bar you will be served both beers at once.

Margarita Republic: Do they even have a happy hour? Every time I've been there and ask if it's happy hour, they say no.

Please comment with other places that I haven't covered! I'd like to try some new places!

graciegirl
09-01-2016, 12:29 PM
Be sure to use this Forum to tell us when you're heading home..........;)

dewilson58
09-01-2016, 12:31 PM
Bloody Mary's at Bonifay and Evan's are small and definitely never saw a garden. I like Bloodies that are almost a meal.

:icon_hungry:

Sandtrap328
09-01-2016, 01:38 PM
The Happy Hour at Hemingway's @ Havana is great. Draft beers are $1.85 for a pint, vodka martini is about $2.50, and their apps are super good. Try the Hawaiian style raw ahi tuna!

Lopez Legacy is another good Happy Hour. Try the Firefly Arnold Palmer. It is a tall lemonade with plenty of Sweet Tea Firefly vodka. $3 and one is all you need!

The Cosmos are around $3.50 and are excellent with the exception of being a pink drink and I am not comfortable drinking a pink drink in public.

jimbo2012
09-01-2016, 03:48 PM
What is current $$ at World of Beer & City Fire

kstew43
09-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Waterfront Inn had bogo's on drafts till 6pm that they actually charged half price if you didn't get both at once.

Thats a good thing.....we thought anyway.....

spring_chicken
09-01-2016, 04:21 PM
Bloody Mary's at Bonifay and Evan's are small and definitely never saw a garden. I like Bloodies that are almost a meal.

:icon_hungry:

Hacienda pool bar for a bloody that's full of goodies!

spring_chicken
09-01-2016, 04:24 PM
I tried the new Amerikana at SS this afternoon. No happy hour. Pint of Bud Light is $3.00, Mich Ultra is $3.50.
They will lose me on the one-seater bathroom. NO restaurant that size should have a one-seater. There was a line at 4 pm! Imagine what it will be like during snowbird season!

ajbrown
09-01-2016, 04:41 PM
I typically like to help out on TOTV if I have any knowledge, but in this case the place I go is already getting a bit crowded :)

One happy hour we go to if we are up north is Lopez. I have not been there for a while so it may have changed, but it used to be 50% for any shelf. You could get a drink made with the stuff you like.

With this thread, I did learn what BOGO means, I must be out of touch, I had to google it.

Sandtrap328
09-01-2016, 04:50 PM
With this thread, I did learn what BOGO means, I must be out of touch, I had to google it.

Celebrity Cruises has a new term for you. It is BOGOHO. They are having a sale on cruises. It is Buy One-Get One-Half Off.

Oh, YES! I did book a cruise! But that would be another thread for another time.

Bogie Shooter
09-01-2016, 05:09 PM
Which is another way of saying 25% off.

ajbrown
09-01-2016, 05:25 PM
After further review... I decided to delete my post.

Schaumburger
09-01-2016, 08:55 PM
This wannabee says every hour I get to spend in TV is a happy hour, because there haven't been enough of them in the past two years. . . just my 2 cents.

circletrack
09-01-2016, 09:21 PM
The Happy Hour at Hemingway's @ Havana is great. Draft beers are $1.85 for a pint, vodka martini is about $2.50, and their apps are super good. Try the Hawaiian style raw ahi tuna!

Lopez Legacy is another good Happy Hour. Try the Firefly Arnold Palmer. It is a tall lemonade with plenty of Sweet Tea Firefly vodka. $3 and one is all you need!

The Cosmos are around $3.50 and are excellent with the exception of being a pink drink and I am not comfortable drinking a pink drink in public.

Do you have the hours for that? We haven't been over there yet.

Chatbrat
09-02-2016, 05:29 AM
Hemingway's 3-5PM, try their wings--they're so big you won't have any room for an entree

The best Bloody Mary is @ Arnold Palmer's---they include a shrimp that is almost a prawn

BritParrothead
09-02-2016, 05:57 AM
In England, we have B O G O F. Buy one, get one free!! Even better. Not just booze, but all shops, stores and markets.

spring_chicken
09-02-2016, 06:27 AM
In England, we have B O G O F. Buy one, get one free!! Even better. Not just booze, but all shops, stores and markets.

That's the same thing we're talking about. It's called BOGO here. We also have plenty in grocery stores and other shops. I was just comparing bars in this thread.

WhoDat
09-02-2016, 07:35 AM
Now I know we are a drinking community with a golfing problem!

Sandtrap328
09-02-2016, 07:57 AM
Do you have the hours for that? We haven't been over there yet.

I believe the Lopez happy hour is 3:30-6:00 but just call them to be sure.

justjim
09-02-2016, 08:15 AM
Now I know we are a drinking community with a golfing problem!

What? I just assume everyone gets their one BOGO and splits it with their significant other and has dinner and goes on their merry way. Shrug.......

Occasionaly we will participate in the happy hour at the square shacks and do a little dance! Fun!

jim1941
09-02-2016, 08:24 AM
Glenview.....$2.00 for a pint of draft beer with tax included.....2 - 6 pm