PDA

View Full Version : Garbage pickup

Opmoochler
09-02-2016, 08:35 AM
Who puts garbage out during a hurricane???! Since we got here last Sept. I've put our trash out the night before pickup, and it has stewed in the sun until late morning, except for the Fri of Memorial Day weekend and this morning when the sound of the truck going by woke me at 6:30!! Needless to say, I didn't have it out and now have to contend with dog poopy garbage in my garage until Tues. Dang.

Villager Joyce
09-02-2016, 09:10 AM
I've never understood putting garbage out the night before. I would think something would tear through the bags during the night. Something I don't want to think about.

CWGUY
09-02-2016, 10:08 AM
Who puts garbage out during a hurricane???! Since we got here last Sept. I've put our trash out the night before pickup, and it has stewed in the sun until late morning, except for the Fri of Memorial Day weekend and this morning when the sound of the truck going by woke me at 6:30!! Needless to say, I didn't have it out and now have to contend with dog poopy garbage in my garage until Tues. Dang.

:) From the District Web Site:

Where do I place the trash bags on collection day?
Place the bags at the end of your driveway, at the edge of the street. Bags must be placed for collection before 6:00 a.m. on your collection day or the night before.

Sanitation Information (http://www.districtgov.org/community/sanitation.aspx)

Carla B
09-02-2016, 11:49 AM
I've never understood putting garbage out the night before. I would think something would tear through the bags during the night. Something I don't want to think about.

Hasn't happened to me so far in eight years of putting it out the night before. I guess the coyotes don't like it.

KittyKat
09-02-2016, 10:45 PM
I didn't put mine out last night, either; afraid it would blow away. So I have stinky cat litter sitting in my garage. ;) I don't get the people who put their's out before 5pm during the hot months. I put mine out after the sun sets.

dbussone
09-03-2016, 07:14 AM
:) From the District Web Site:

Where do I place the trash bags on collection day?

Place the bags at the end of your driveway, at the edge of the street. Bags must be placed for collection before 6:00 a.m. on your collection day or the night before.

Sanitation Information (http://www.districtgov.org/community/sanitation.aspx)

And they mean it. Our trash was picked up this morning before I took the dog out at 7 AM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pooh
09-03-2016, 07:28 AM
Might want to consider sprinkling something on the trash bags if you're concerned about critters getting into the bags. A bit of an ammonia cleaner could help keep scavengers at bay. In the 10 years we've lived here, only one time has the trash bag been ripped open. There was one other time when we happened to see a future "attack" ....a murder of crows....the rotten winged birdies were walking up the street ripping open trash bags. They were not to be stopped....;). Sometimes it's four footed critters, sometimes it's SuperBirds!

TomOB
09-03-2016, 08:46 AM
The only thing that has strewn my garbage is also the crows.