PDA

View Full Version : From the President of Responsible Dog Owners

Responsible Dog Owners
03-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Thank you for your kind words and we're glad we can contribute to the very worthy site.

RDOG was created to steward a process following in the footsteps to the creation of Paradise Dog Park. RDOG's mission statement is to provide a caring and safe atmosphere for our dogs to train and socialize off lead. To encourage all dog owners to have their pets vaccinated and licensed within their perspective counties; to encourage responsibility in picking up their pet's waste and most importantly to be respectful of neighbor's property. Simply put we would like a safe environment to play with our dogs.

We encourage the use of Doggy Doo Run Run, located on CR101, for those types of exercise and training we do not have the facilities to support in the limited space we have here in The Villages but are actively working to have additional dog parks built in The Villages.

Additionally, RDOG has established the Cutter Alert system patterned after the Amber Alert system for lost children. As a Village resident you are entitled to participate in registering your pets with The Villages Petfinders site that RDOG administers. It is located at www.districtgov.org. As a yearly member, the cost of which is $5.00, you can register as many pets as you own. If you are not interested in membership you may register your pets for a processing fee of $2.00 per pet. The proceeds of these fees, in part, are donated to the Humane Societies of Marion and Sumter Counties.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share this information with you. I would be happy to answer any of your inquiries.

Karen Tynes, President
RDOG

Taltarzac
03-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Thank you for your kind words and we're glad we can contribute to the very worthy site.

RDOG was created to steward a process following in the footsteps to the creation of Paradise Dog Park. RDOG's mission statement is to provide a caring and safe atmosphere for our dogs to train and socialize off lead. To encourage all dog owners to have their pets vaccinated and licensed within their perspective counties; to encourage responsibility in picking up their pet's waste and most importantly to be respectful of neighbor's property. Simply put we would like a safe environment to play with our dogs.

We encourage the use of Doggy Doo Run Run, located on CR101, for those types of exercise and training we do not have the facilities to support in the limited space we have here in The Villages but are actively working to have additional dog parks built in The Villages.

Additionally, RDOG has established the Cutter Alert system patterned after the Amber Alert system for lost children. As a Village resident you are entitled to participate in registering your pets with The Villages Petfinders site that RDOG administers. It is located at www.districtgov.org. As a yearly member, the cost of which is $5.00, you can register as many pets as you own. If you are not interested in membership you may register your pets for a processing fee of $2.00 per pet. The proceeds of these fees, in part, are donated to the Humane Societies of Marion and Sumter Counties.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share this information with you. I would be happy to answer any of your inquiries.

Karen Tynes, President
RDOG

Whom do you make the check out to and where do you send it for this annual fee?

There are a lot of people who are fans of Doggie Doo Run Run on TOTV. I use DDRR almost every day and occasionally go to the Paradise Lake Dog Park off of US 27/441.

Responsible Dog Owners
03-21-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm sorry. After reading my response I realized I was not specific as to the $5.00 membership. That fee is the yearly fee to join RDOG. With that fee comes unlimited registration for any pets in your home. If you are interested in joining RDOG you can send an e-mail to me at responsibledogownersgroup@embarqmail.com and I will forward an application to you. If you would prefer to simply register your pets, just let me know that in an e-mail too. I will require a .jpg file photo of your pet sent by e-mail or a photo 3x5 attached to an application that you can get at our meetings.

You may also consider coming to our next meeting to be held on April 13th at the Mulberry Grove Rec Center on CR 42. We meet from 7:00 to 8:30pm. This month's meeting promises to be very interesting. Look for the announcements in the Daily Sun.

Regarding Doggy Doo Run Run, Scottie and RDOG have a wonderful working relationship and understand each others abilities to service The Villages Residents. In fact, Scottie was very generous in donating the proceeds from a recent 6 month membership raffle to the Humane Society of Marion County.

I hope I've answered some of your concerns and look forward to meeting a lot of you either on-line or at a meeting. Or better yet, at the next dog park!