PDA

View Full Version : Warning about use of this person to do repairs

meow1
03-22-2009, 12:09 AM
I wanted to make everyone aware that if they have used or are using Ryan Greer's Mobile Golf Cart Repair service, that he is, in my opinion, a scam artist. I gave him money to do a repair. He asked for the payment in advance because he said he needed to buy parts. Initially he never called, and never showed at time he had agreed to come for my appointment. I went through the sheriff's office to locate him. He finally did call. He came and supposedly fixed the problem. Three days later the same problem started all over again, in that the golf cart just keeps stopping on me. He had told me that it was two separate parts; one in the charger and one in the cart, that he had replaced. I called him back and he was supposed to show up the next day. He never showed, never called again, and has since never returned any of my many phone calls. I do not have the money to have someone else re-fix what he was supposed to do, and I am now left with taking a chance with my only transportation. If it breaks down I'll have no way to get around. Because of this experience, I am seriously beginning to question whether an earlier repair that he had done, several months ago, when he said I needed a kingpin replaced, and I paid him to do that, also, was done properly. It took me alot of time to get this money together to pay for these repairs, and I had made Ryan well aware of my situation and that I was counting on him to properly repair my cart.

cart1
03-22-2009, 01:40 AM
What the person making this acuasation failed to mention in there post is the fact that the carts was repaired for a charging problem not a running problem!!! The cart is an early 80's worn out "POS" that is worth about $500.00 MAX !! This person has the habbit of blaming her last repair man for the problems of this cart !! The best advice i can give this person is to call someone and pay them to haul this cart away for them it's an eyesore and a discrace to the rest of the NICE golfcarts that are in the villages !!!!

disney07
03-22-2009, 02:03 AM
Meow1, I'm very sorry to hear about the situation you've found yourself in. It is disgusting to hear the hardship and anguish this deceitful low life has caused you. TOTV provides a wonderful service to us that we may warn others and provide helpful resources. Your warning will spare others having to deal with this type of person and poor service. Thanks for the heads up.

Talk Host
03-22-2009, 05:55 AM
What the person making this acuasation failed to mention in there post is the fact that the carts was repaired for a charging problem not a running problem!!! The cart is an early 80's worn out "POS" that is worth about $500.00 MAX !! This person has the habbit of blaming her last repair man for the problems of this cart !! The best advice i can give this person is to call someone and pay them to haul this cart away for them it's an eyesore and a discrace to the rest of the NICE golfcarts that are in the villages !!!!

This post speaks volumes about the poster

meow1
03-22-2009, 02:44 PM
ryan,if you were as reponsive to your customers as you were to make false statments about what you did,you might have had a good business going. if what you said were true,why did you take my money and say you could fix it?so what you are saying is you knowing lied,and took my money.it took me having to call the sheriffs office to get a call back the first time.then you didnt fix ,and never called back or showed up to refix what you did not do right.i will get my money back if it takes the rest of my days,i will get it back.

collection6
03-26-2009, 07:52 PM
I too had a problem with repairs. Used Steve's to put on two front tires,check and clean batteries, and adjust speed control. After two weeks of callng to see if cart was ready was billed $326. Afew weeks later one of the batteries blew up while wife was driving. Found out that batteries had never been checked and cleaned, was told they could not adjust speed as promised, and the $326 was for two tires that I could have bought from the tire dealer for $56 apiece. Would never use this repair place again.

Mallory
03-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Where in Western NY did you live?

Bryan
03-27-2009, 05:29 AM
Ryan Greer is well known as the subject of numerous complaints at both the Marion and Sumter County Sheriff's Departments, the Better Business Bureau, and offices of other consumer advocacy groups in TV such as Seniors Vs Crime. He often operates out of a stall in the Market of Marion and often works in conjunction with his father, Ron Greer, who is about as bad. He and his father have operated under several business names (i.e. All American Golf Carts for one) but he is currently using Ryans Mobil Golf Cart Repair. Other than shoddy repairs, no repairs, and general ripoffs on repairs of golf carts such as charging for work not performed, he has been accused on taking golf carts for consignment sale and then keeping all the proceeds from the sale.

There are numerous reputable, good golf cart repair places in and around TV so use your "due diligance" to find one that suits you. As with any major purchase ($500 for a new set of batteries in not a trivial purchase), get multiple estimates, check out the business with friends, the BBB, both offices of Seniors Vs Crime. As a general rule, don't pay in advance for a repair such as this. Asking for advance payment or anything of that nature should be a red flag that this might be a business to avoid like the plague.

GMONEY
03-27-2009, 05:32 AM
this post speaks volumes about the poster

ditto

katezbox
03-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Ryan Greer is well known as the subject of numerous complaints at both the Marion and Sumter County Sheriff's Departments, the Better Business Bureau, and offices of other consumer advocacy groups in TV such as Seniors Vs Crime. He often operates out of a stall in the Market of Marion and often works in conjunction with his father, Ron Greer, who is about as bad. He and his father have operated under several business names (i.e. All American Golf Carts for one) but he is currently using Ryans Mobil Golf Cart Repair. Other than shoddy repairs, no repairs, and general ripoffs on repairs of golf carts such as charging for work not performed, he has been accused on taking golf carts for consignment sale and then keeping all the proceeds from the sale.

There are numerous reputable, good golf cart repair places in and around TV so use your "due diligance" to find one that suits you. As with any major purchase ($500 for a new set of batteries in not a trivial purchase), get multiple estimates, check out the business with friends, the BBB, both offices of Seniors Vs Crime. As a general rule, don't pay in advance for a repair such as this. Asking for advance payment or anything of that nature should be a red flag that this might be a business to avoid like the plague.

Bryan,

This is really good advice... and to add a thought that my father used to say.. "If it sounds like it's too good to be true, it probably is."

This forum is a virtual neighborhood and a great place to do that due diligence.

randyb
03-27-2009, 09:39 AM
I recently purchased a used golf cart that is in great condition but I will want to have it looked at by a reputable company. I know that here on TOTV I have received some fantastic referrals. I have a great landscaper now. I had the inside of my house painted and they also were absolutely great. And the carpets cleaned beyond my expectations! Now I need a great golf cart repair/service company. Anyone know a good one? Seems there are loads of bad ones!