PDA

View Full Version : TOTV Has Been Good To Us

rubicon
09-11-2016, 01:08 PM
Being a member of TOTV has many advantages. I believe one of the best advantages is its tried and true sponsors many of whom post helpful hints for members.

In addition members have the opportunity to view recommendations by posters ranging from eateries to repair service to computer technical people who have been very helpful. Essentially we find TOTV performing the services of an ANGIE'S LIST but with a far broader repertoire .

Thank you TOTV and TOTV members and sponsors.

Personal Best Regards:

BK001
09-11-2016, 01:16 PM
Rubicon I totally agree. Plus it helped us feel like we were part of a community before we even met our first person here. It's comforting to know there is a place to go to praise, criticize, or get savvy info from those with experience. Last month, for some reason, I was unable to get on to the site for about a week. I felt totally lost and a sense of panic. LOL.

jnieman
09-11-2016, 01:50 PM
You are so right Rubicon. It has become part of my daily routine and I have found some really great advice as well as some great deals in the classifieds.

dewilson58
09-11-2016, 01:51 PM
:agree:

I enjoy the people I have "met" on ToTV.

Enjoyed the educational information on many topics.

I've also learned about trolls.

:super:

justjim
09-11-2016, 02:09 PM
When I need information on "something", TOTV is usually the first place I go. I can't believe that I lived here for several years before I found TOTV. I never was a "computer nerd", matter of fact, until a few years ago didn't own one.

A friend who didn't even live here told me about this site. It is pretty much a secret I think----or is it?

Polar Bear
09-11-2016, 02:43 PM
...I've also learned about trolls...

Bravo. Absolutely essential to enjoying...and getting value from...any forum. :)

Nucky
09-11-2016, 03:31 PM
An amazing place for the give and take of advice and information. It's true you are a part of the community even before you move here. Bravo TOTV.

RickeyD
09-11-2016, 03:41 PM
In addition to all the above, a good way to beat boredom during those down times.

Madelaine Amee
09-11-2016, 03:56 PM
In addition to all the above, a good way to beat boredom during those down times.

Ouch ......... but, you are right. It's been (and still is) a long hot summer!

Schaumburger
09-11-2016, 04:09 PM
TOTV is a great source of information for wannabees and gonnabees. Thank you to the TV residents who post information and thank you to the admins and moderators of TOTV for making this forum possible.
:bigbow:

raynan
09-11-2016, 04:12 PM
Totally agree with rubicon. I lurked here for almost 3 years before we moved here and learned a lot. I still check in every day and post recommendations when I feel something is worth recommending.

2BNTV
09-12-2016, 03:42 PM
TOTV is a valuable resource for vendors and helped me save money by listening to people, I trust.

I have met several friends through TOTV that makes me feel, "I am never alone".

I always use the saying, "experience is the best teacher but wisdom is learning through other people's experience".

Everyone can't possibly know everything so TOTV is a valuable resource when you don't know how to get something done.

Flatlander
09-12-2016, 03:54 PM
TOTV is a great source of information. We have been the owners of a home in the Villages for a couple of years and will be moving there full time as soon as our home in Maryland sells (it went on the market today). During that time I have often turned to TOTV for information from other residents. When my sprinkler system developed a problem a quick search of TOTV's forums led me to Mr. Bumgartner who, true to everyone's comments, came over right away, fixed and adjusted my system very well and charged a reasonable rate for his services. You can't really tell good from bad by an advertisement but past customers opinions are very valuable.

TOTV Team
09-12-2016, 05:40 PM
Thank you to everyone for your positive feedback and support! We feel as if we are the 'facilitators' and all the residents are the ones to really thank for taking the time to read, post, review, rate, and make TOTV the resource it is! If we can ever do anything to improve please let us know!

Best Regards,

TOTV Team

Allegiance
09-12-2016, 05:58 PM
Thank you to everyone for your positive feedback and support! We feel as if we are the 'facilitators' and all the residents are the ones to really thank for taking the time to read, post, review, rate, and make TOTV the resource it is! If we can ever do anything to improve please let us know!

Best Regards,

TOTV Team
Absolutely wonderful. But please use your superpowers for good. This board has a lot of power.

tainsley
09-19-2016, 05:08 AM
Haven't been on TOTV in quite some time. Just realized I missed it!

rcook715
09-19-2016, 06:42 AM
TOTV is a part of my daily morning routine. Thanks!

Sandtrap328
09-19-2016, 08:18 AM
I totally agree that TOTV is a great forum.

I needed an a/c repair and found many recommendations for Chuck Farrell. That guy is great! He saved me hundreds over what others would have done.

I found a golf group on TOTV. Great bunch of guys - and the "pro golfer" in the group doesn't mind playing with three hackers.

I would caution others to hopefully stay off the Political Forum. It is filled with negatives from both sides. Nothing positive can be gained from that forum and, unfortunately, some newcomers might feel the hateful and racist comments represent The Villages as a whole.

I enjoy the General Forum and the Restaurant Forum.

bbbbbb
09-19-2016, 09:47 AM
We do like the TOTV and it is really a useful system. We feel we do need more control or review of those who do like to challenge or jump on our comments. When we make a comment, it is always with the intent to be helpful and in all cases it has been exactly that.
We would not take the time to respond or comment if it was not meant to be helpful to all participants. We love the villages and want to be a part of it in a positive way. We are retired, willing to help, we do volunteer work and we enjoy this great Village.
bbbbbb