PDA

View Full Version : "I came here to golf".

Taltarzac725
09-13-2016, 08:41 AM
I heard this from someone not too far off who was talking with another man while picking up my mail at the Lynnhaven Postal Station. Have no idea if it was about me and my 224 613 Project however it does seem to be getting more notice than it ever has before because of Facebook.

Probably because of all the work I have being doing on it on Facebook. Facebook has allowed me to reach more people than ever before and make some important contacts. Plus I seem to have been getting some very important help from the friends I have been trying to make since 1991 in assisting me with this work.

However, I just wanted to say that getting involved with something like my 224 613 Project is very easy. Just Google the library and sheriff's office in your former community or here in Lake, Sumter, and Marion Counties and see how easy-- in your opinion--it is to find practical materials for people with mental health problems to find information on support and other things as well as what kind of information they have about survivor/victims of crimes, etc.

I have been at this now 25.75 years and believe that I have made quite a difference fighting for this but there are some librarians and law enforcement who still seem to ignore my and others requests that they get practical and easily accessible information. I have heard Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) often over the years.

You do need information that is easy to get to and useful.

Mental health support systems are critical in communities to prevent people from taking out their inclinations towards violence against themselves or others.

There are many good people in the Villages and I have met some of these in the eleven years I have lived in the Villages. There IS more to life than just golf. I still do not golf so maybe that is my problem. If I felt the lure of the game more, I would want to ignore other aspects of what it is to be a Villager.

Many Villagers I have met will give you the shirt off their back if you ask them.

Remember that these are libraries paid for with your tax dollars for the most part. So they are YOUR libraries. Same with the law enforcement agencies. Community members should be able to have input on how much these are involved with helping survivors/victims of crimes and helping those with mental illnesses.

I am a law librarian by training and inclination which should mean that I try to help people get information not put up roadblocks for them getting this integral part of what should be part of a library and law enforcement's agency role in their communities.

I do use the Lake and Sumter County library systems but it is hard for me to talk about all this in person because of the roots of this 224 613 Project and how traumatic they were for me and for many others. As well as how hard this fight has been at times when I was still a working law librarian or one trying to get a job as a working law librarian. Recall that my connection to all this is personal but it involves some very heavily covered media murders (one on 2-24-1976) in Reno, Nevada and as of 2015 a number in the SF Bay area in 1976. (the Gypsy Hill murders).

And recall that 2-24 is also my actual birthday. I changed the one I list on TOTV because of a successful hacker attack on my AOL account a few years ago. So, get a number of reminders of all this just about every day in some form or another.

Mleeja
09-13-2016, 09:08 AM
I don't think they were talking about you. Good luck in your endeavor.

Taltarzac725
09-13-2016, 09:14 AM
I don't think they were talking about you. Good luck in your endeavor.

I was not sure. I was in the vicinity and once in a while people are talking about me and this work especially if I am frequent visitor to that place.

613 is the number I had in a 17 week study on stress on the unemployed conducted by the University of California, San Francisco Health Sciences Campus in late 1992-1993. I shared my cause with the interviewer I had there but she waited until the whole 17 weeks was over to tell me that this was a very worthwhile matter. She was quite a very attractive lady but driving down to SF to see her from Rohnert Park would have been quite a chore. Rohnert Park is about 30 miles north of San Francisco. I do wonder if she has noticed all the help I have been getting on this matter since we talked all those years OK. I do see her working in various roles in public health in CA. I know how to Google.

I have talked to many nurses, psychiatrists, teachers, social workers, lawyers, cops, and other about this work-- some retired and some in the Villages over the years.

I used to walk my pooch Amber around the movie production trailers around Rohnert Park's Red Lion Inn looking for someone to talk to but usually we just would talk about duck poop on the golf course. More golfers. The Red Lion Inn often had these movie production trailers there when I lived with my parents in Rohnert Park, CA from late 1991 through mid-1996. Our house was about 300 feet from these movie production trailers. These would be making movies in Santa Rosa CA and points north of Santa Rosa. The Red Lion Inn must have given them some kind of deal on housing these trailers there. Movies like Outbreak! Outbreak (1995) - Rotten Tomatoes (https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/outbreak/) DoubleTree Sonoma Hotel near Santa Rosa, CA (http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-sonoma-wine-country-RLSC-DT/index.html)

This is not just MY endeavor. Many people are involved in it. But, we could always use more help. Maybe more talks with psychiatrists but that is a different matter. I would have to be a little crazy to keep this up for 25.75 years like I have.

There is more to life than golf. I would probably enjoy it too though if I learned to play it well.

aninjamom
09-13-2016, 09:20 AM
FYI The libraries here in Sumter and Lake counties are run by a company from up north, and PAID by the counties to run them. And they do run them - like a business, not a non-profit. So don't expect them to make any extra effort on your behalf.

Taltarzac725
09-13-2016, 09:43 AM
FYI The libraries here in Sumter and Lake counties are run by a company from up north, and PAID by the counties to run them. And they do run them - like a business, not a non-profit. So don't expect them to make any extra effort on your behalf.

Actually, they could make money off of this Project rather easily. They just have to want to get involved with it.

I have tried to get Hollywood, Wall Street, and Madison Avenue involved with this. And I am pretty certain that they are involved with it. Remember that I have been at this for 25.75 years starting when I was still working at the University of Minnesota Law Library. Then living in Rohnert Park, CA; Itasca, IL; Palm Harbor, FL., and now the Villages for the past 11 years.

I had to fight off a hostile takeover of a sort of my 224 613 Project from the Palm Harbor Library Director when I volunteered there for three years in 2000-2003. I could not wait to get out of Dodge-- Palm Harbor-- and move to the Villages in June of 2005.

This is an international effort of mine but involves many people. Maybe, it is the shock of the new with people just not getting it. I was in DC in May 2015 and it seemed some people --strangers-- knew about my efforts. Just a feeling though and I have nothing to document that. I do try to document stuff as much as I can as I was trained to do at the University of Minnesota Law School where I graduated in May 1989. Also have a MA in Librarianship from the University of Denver. Class of May 1984. And two BAs from the University of Nevada, Reno. (Classes of Dec. 1980, May 1981).

Mleeja
09-13-2016, 09:48 AM

Damn carpetbaggers. What is it with them to use the public's money wisely.

Taltarzac725
09-13-2016, 09:59 AM
Damn carpetbaggers. What is it with them to use the public's money wisely.

That's funny. Actually I am usually treated quite well at both the Lady Lake and various Sumter County libraries I use.

I have not met in person with any of these Library Directors. Again because it is often hard for me to talk about this without getting emotional. One of these Library Directors does check me out of the library once in a while. She seems very nice.

And the encounters I have had with the Sumter County Sheriff's Office people have been OK.

outlaw
09-13-2016, 10:01 AM
I heard this from someone not too far off who was talking with another man while picking up my mail at the Lynnhaven Postal Station. Have no idea if it was about me and my 224 613 Project however it does seem to be getting more notice than it ever has before because of Facebook.

Probably because of all the work I have being doing on it on Facebook. Facebook has allowed me to reach more people than ever before and make some important contacts. Plus I seem to have been getting some very important help from the friends I have been trying to make since 1991 in assisting me with this work.

However, I just wanted to say that getting involved with something like my 224 613 Project is very easy. Just Google the library and sheriff's office in your former community or here in Lake, Sumter, and Marion Counties and see how easy-- in your opinion--it is to find practical materials for people with mental health problems to find information on support and other things as well as what kind of information they have about survivor/victims of crimes, etc.

I have been at this now 25.75 years and believe that I have made quite a difference fighting for this but there are some librarians and law enforcement who still seem to ignore my and others requests that they get practical and easily accessible information. I have heard Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) often over the years.

You do need information that is easy to get to and useful.

Mental health support systems are critical in communities to prevent people from taking out their inclinations towards violence against themselves or others.

There are many good people in the Villages and I have met some of these in the eleven years I have lived in the Villages. There IS more to life than just golf. I still do not golf so maybe that is my problem. If I felt the lure of the game more, I would want to ignore other aspects of what it is to be a Villager.

Many Villagers I have met will give you the shirt off their back if you ask them.

Remember that these are libraries paid for with your tax dollars for the most part. So they are YOUR libraries. Same with the law enforcement agencies. Community members should be able to have input on how much these are involved with helping survivors/victims of crimes and helping those with mental illnesses.

I am a law librarian by training and inclination which should mean that I try to help people get information not put up roadblocks for them getting this integral part of what should be part of a library and law enforcement's agency role in their communities.

I do use the Lake and Sumter County library systems but it is hard for me to talk about all this in person because of the roots of this 224 613 Project and how traumatic they were for me and for many others. As well as how hard this fight has been at times when I was still a working law librarian or one trying to get a job as a working law librarian. Recall that my connection to all this is personal but it involves some very heavily covered media murders (one on 2-24-1976) in Reno, Nevada and as of 2015 a number in the SF Bay area in 1976. (the Gypsy Hill murders).

And recall that 2-24 is also my actual birthday. I changed the one I list on TOTV because of a successful hacker attack on my AOL account a few years ago. So, get a number of reminders of all this just about every day in some form or another.

If I understand you correctly, you overheard a man talking to another man at the post office, saying he "came here to play golf". And you think it had something to do with your 25 year old library project that you keep bringing up on TOTV? Either you left out something quite relevant, or you may be a little bit, well imaginative? :)

Taltarzac725
09-13-2016, 10:05 AM
If I understand you correctly, you overheard a man talking to another man at the post office, saying he "came here to play golf". And you think it had something to do with your 25 year old library project that you keep bringing up on TOTV? Either you left out something quite relevant, or you may be a little bit, well imaginative? :)

Maybe, maybe not.

And he said "I came here to play golf". I did hear the other man say "I feel sorry for him". I was the only "him" around.

And I talk with many people on Facebook about my 224 613 Project. You would be surprised by just who some of these people are.

I have lived in the Villages though since 2005 and have lived in Florida since 1996. And I have been on TOTV since 2007 and have 20,874 posts. Many of these are about my Project in some way.

There are very caring people on TOTV. I have talked to a lot of these in person over the years since July 2007.

outlaw
09-13-2016, 10:11 AM
Maybe, maybe not.

And he said "I came here to play golf". I did hear the other man say "I feel sorry for him".

You left out the "I feel sorry for him." At any rate, why would you think a couple of strangers would be talking about you? If I overheard what you did, it would never occur to me they were talking about me. Although, once I overheard a woman say to her friend, "He looks like Tom Cruise.", and I was pretty sure they were talking about me. But I wasn't upset by it.

Taltarzac725
09-13-2016, 10:12 AM
Having worked with many law librarians over my career, I can honestly say I have never met one that didn't need some form of mental health treatment.

I agree with that statement. :bigbow:

Taltarzac725
09-13-2016, 10:14 AM
You left out the "I feel sorry for him." At any rate, why would you think a couple of strangers would be talking about you? If I overheard what you did, it would never occur to me they were talking about me. Although, once I overheard a woman say to her friend, "He looks like Tom Cruise.", and I was pretty sure they were talking about me. But I wasn't upset by it.

Maybe because I am all over the place on Facebook which has many Villages' contacts.

And I look nothing like Tom Cruise but did e-mail him for years. Along with hundreds of other people. Tom Cruise is not one of my Facebook contacts but I have some who were close to him at various times of his career.

graciegirl
09-13-2016, 12:43 PM
I agree with that statement. :bigbow:

You are a wonderful person Tal.

Topspinmo
09-13-2016, 01:06 PM
I think people may be talking about me all the time? Especially on the other side of the pickleball and tennis courts.:0000000000luvmyhors I hear things like a&&$ole, lucky Shyt, jerk, and my favorite, un ? believable :evil6:

Nucky
09-13-2016, 01:52 PM
Tal, I salute you for your life's work. I'm standing up, no knee here. Keep up the good work.

Taltarzac725
09-13-2016, 03:42 PM
You are a wonderful person Tal.

Always try to ignore or mitigate the affect of the various haters on here. And it seems to be the same people who show up with the dislike.

Thanks, Graciegirl. You do some very good work for the Villages and TOTV as well.

I am very glad that my parents chose the Villages after their grandkids moved back to Rohnert Park, CA or that vicinity. They graduated from high school so they are somewhere else now.

Just picked up a book from the Pinellas Park Sumter County Library so I could send some drawings of dinosaurs to my just turned six great nephew.

I would expect that many librarians are aware NOW of my efforts or they will be very soon especially with the help I have had from people I have been writing through Facebook for the past few years and showing documents about my work.

Taltarzac725
09-13-2016, 04:08 PM
I don't see any "haters" on here. I see people stating some truth. Calling people "haters" is a cheap comment usually used by liberal millenials when they disagree with someone's opinion.

Graciegirl knows what and who I am talking about. And when someone labels their opinion the "truth" people should dig deeper. Maybe there is another agenda going on with some of these posters. I have no idea who these people are.

It is the spin they put on things that shows their real feelings towards various posters.

I did have an incredibly nasty cybersmearer/cyberstalker on Findlaw for years so I recognize when someone seems to have some kind of personal grudge against another poster but sometimes it is something else entirely like someone with a dog in the fight.

And both parties call one another haters not just the liberals.

Taltarzac725
09-13-2016, 04:16 PM
Just saw the Clint Eastwood movie Sully at the Barnstorm Theater this afternoon. Very true to life telling of someone who does good and the haters that try to take him down in some way usually for their own selfish interests or shortcomings of some kind of another.

And watch the movie very carefully as I have been doing since the movie Outbreak as well as Eastwood's own Blood Work.

09-13-2016, 04:38 PM
There are a lot of comments that are directed to another user.

If this continues, the thread will be closed also due to personal attacks.

kcrazorbackfan
09-13-2016, 08:36 PM
Well, I know I came here to golf, as did my wife. I've been compared to Tom Selleck so I can't go to the postal station anymore without Ms. kcrazorbackfan accompanying me. :icon_wink:

Taltarzac725
09-13-2016, 09:31 PM
Well, I know I came here to golf, as did my wife. I've been compared to Tom Selleck so I can't go to the postal station anymore without Ms. kcrazorbackfan accompanying me. :icon_wink:

Actually I know I man that looks quite a bit like one of those mustachioed macho men but cannot seem to think of that actor's name right now.

The Shadow Riders (TV Movie 1982) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084666/)

Now I remember-- Sam Elliot.

I remember at the University of Minnesota some student in my dorm showed me a picture of a certain Russian Czar and he was a spitting image of me. I really got razzed about that.

Two Bills
09-14-2016, 04:52 AM
I was once mistaken in a checkout queue by quite a few people for Rodney Dangerfield.
Rushed home and Googled this 'Star' I looked so much like.
........and never felt so insulted in all my life.

Taltarzac725
09-14-2016, 07:52 AM
I was once mistaken in a checkout queue by quite a few people for Rodney Dangerfield.
Rushed home and Googled this 'Star' I looked so much like.
........and never felt so insulted in all my life.

In the end Rodney Dangerfield got a lot of respect. Rodney Dangerfield (http://www.rodney.com/)

Taltarzac725
09-14-2016, 09:03 AM
This is Amber who some said looked like a little bear when walking around the golf course in Rohnert Park, CA near what was the Red Lion Inn back in the 1990s. Our house was about 300 feet from the hotel and bordered the golf course. Balls would hit the house a few times a month. My former girlfriend Jennifer dumped Amber on my head when we were both visiting from the University of Minnesota in 1990. She was a 3rd Year Law Student and I was working in the Law Library for M. Kathleen Price as the Library Director at the U of MN. She became the Law Librarian of Congress shortly after that.

Amber landed on my head because I was sleeping on the couch while Jennifer was visiting my parents with me. She did get to see a lot of Northern California. She had been too busy with her debate team in college to really get out at see stuff when she had previously been there.

She was/is also the daughter of a Wisconsin arms developer and rather successful theater actress. Jennifer is a married lawyer in the Midwest now. I really have not kept in contact with Jennifer but do Google her every once in a while.

Amber would have liked to have met more movie stars from the movie production companies who were staying at the Red Lion Inn and who had their trailers parked there for movies being made in the early 1990s in Northern CA. We never met any big stars just people who had time to walk around the golf course and talk to some of the locals and pet their dogs.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/taltarzac725/Amber1991001_zpsccd2eefe.jpg (http://s89.photobucket.com/user/taltarzac725/media/Amber1991001_zpsccd2eefe.jpg.html)

Taltarzac725
09-15-2016, 12:30 PM
Oh, by the way, check out some of the Ryan Reynolds movies of late. Now that is one cool dude. Or, even his wife's The Shallows.
The Shallows (2016) - Rotten Tomatoes (https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_shallows/)

Ryan Reynolds - Rotten Tomatoes (https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/ryan_reynolds/)

Really looking forward to next summer's The Hitman's Bodyguard. The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017) - Rotten Tomatoes (https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_hitmans_bodyguard)