PDA

View Full Version : Bag of pennies for donation

Madelaine Amee
09-20-2016, 02:10 PM
I have a large bag of pennies which I would like to donate, any suggestions?

CWGUY
09-20-2016, 02:21 PM

The first thing that came to mind was The Villages Woodworking Shop. They receive the coins from the water fountains in Spanish Springs Town Square. The funds are used for making toys at Christmas time for the area children. Read about it several years ago and think they still do it.
:thumbup: Nice gesture on your part.

alancusa
09-20-2016, 03:04 PM

Take them to the bank, get paper money, then donate it.

outahere
09-20-2016, 03:13 PM
Take them to the bank, get paper money, then donate it.

Great idea, but which local banks or credit unions have a coin counting machine? If you use one of the machines at Winn-Dixie, etc. they take a pretty hefty percentage if you take cash instead of a gift card.

Madelaine Amee
09-21-2016, 05:57 AM
The first thing that came to mind was The Villages Woodworking Shop. They receive the coins from the water fountains in Spanish Springs Town Square. The funds are used for making toys at Christmas time for the area children. Read about it several years ago and think they still do it.
:thumbup: Nice gesture on your part.

Thank you for the information, I was hoping someone would have a recommendation for either children or animals, I will check with them today.

DougB
09-21-2016, 10:13 AM
Check with one of the local schools. More than likely they are collecting spare change for Olive Garden's Pasta For Pennies, a program benefiting The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's School & Youth campaign.

Madelaine Amee
09-21-2016, 10:44 AM
Check with one of the local schools. More than likely they are collecting spare change for Olive Garden's Pasta For Pennies, a program benefiting The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's School & Youth campaign.

Thanks DougB I will do that this afternoon.