PDA

View Full Version : Club Car Engine Compartment Excessive Heat

karostay
09-21-2016, 09:57 AM
:gc:

I have recently become the owner of a 2005 Club Car Precedent
Gas Drive with only 65 total hours.

Belonged to an elderly lady who only drove to the Rec center on Sundays :jester:

The cart is nice looking rides and drives great.

My Question or concern is.

This Club Car is like driving my gas grill down the street.
You can actually feel the heat coming through the seat and if you place you hand on the side of the engine compartment it is very very warm to the touch.
I have seen a few Club Cars with screen mounted in their rear compartment cover.
I have removed the rear panel for the time being while searching for a solution
My guess is this is not an uncommon issue.
Has anyone else experienced this issue or have a solution?
I have 2 Yamaha's same year and they run much cooler

Ms. says will make a great winter cart with the sides down

Thanks

villagetinker
09-21-2016, 12:47 PM
While I am not extremely familiar with Golf Carts, but incorrect fuel/air mixture can cause a car engine to run excessively hot. You might have the engine and carburetor checked to make sure it is not running lean.

HoosierPa
09-21-2016, 08:53 PM
A well know dealer here who sells both Yamaha and Club Car told me Club Cars are hotter because of the configuration in the engine compartment. He much prefers the Club Car due to the handling. Kind of like BMW versus Buick like handling. To each his own

ColdNoMore
09-21-2016, 09:19 PM
Try wrapping the exhaust with something similar to these.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Design-Engineering-10129-Exhaust-Wrap-2-in-x-15-ft-Roll-Carbon/49346459?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=560&adid=22222222227036915586&wl0=&wl1=s&wl2=c&wl3=58499291618&wl4=pla-91195853378&wl5=9011519&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=111839971&wl11=online&wl12=49346459&wl13=&veh=sem

Black Header Pipe Tape Titanium Lava Exhaust Wrap 2"x 50ft Ties Kit | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/321989503493?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true)

rubicon
09-22-2016, 04:34 AM

Belonged to an elderly lady who only drove to the Rec center on Sundays :jester:

You can actually feel the heat coming through the seat and if you place you hand on the side of the engine compartment it is very very warm to the touch.
I have seen a few Club Cars with screen mounted in their rear compartment cover.

Thanks

Club Cart both gas and electric run hotter. You my want to place a vent at the back of the golf bag carrier?
You may want to insulate under the golf cart seat

Bobs GolfCart Speedometer
10-07-2016, 01:28 PM

Thanks

I had the same problem with my 2008 EZGO RXV. The exhaust pipe on this model is routed above the engine, putting it very close to the underneath side of the seat. Driving the cart more than a couple of miles would cause the seat to really heat up.
I tried wrapping the pipe with exhaust pipe wrap but that had very little effect in reducing the heat.

I solved the problem by stapling Reflective Roll Insulation to the underneath side of the seat. Works great, no more hot seat. It's available at Lowes. Here's a link to the product.
Shop Reflectix 33.3-sq ft Reflective Roll Insulation (16-in W x 25-ft L) at Lowes.com (http://www.lowes.com/pd/Reflectix-33-3-sq-ft-Reflective-Roll-Insulation-16-in-W-x-25-ft-L/1014123)
The material has a Class A/Class 1 fire rating.