PDA

View Full Version : Recycling at the mail stations

ldj1938
09-22-2016, 12:50 PM
Another day with the trash cans at the mail station overflowing with paper that could be recycled. Has there ever been an effort to put some sort of recycling bins at the mail stations. Yeah, I know, who's going to take care of them....Just seems to be such a waste.
BTW All of my mail goes home to be read and then into the recycle bag. Our recycling is about 4 times more than our trash!

Opmoochler
09-22-2016, 01:16 PM
Which is why I purposefully take junk mail home and put it out with our recycling. It is so easy to do, yet so many people can't be bothered.

Blessed2BNTV
09-22-2016, 01:33 PM
When we travel and have something that is recyclable, I want to pack it in my suitcase to take back to TV.

YES I agree we should take our mail home to recycle.

kansasr
09-22-2016, 02:27 PM
Yeah, let's create an additional expense to set up recycling at our mail stations because we're too lazy to take it home with us and recycle it at home!

Erijo
09-22-2016, 03:14 PM
Perhaps all the garbage cans can be removed from the mail stations for a trial period? If it is necessary to put small signs prohibiting dog feces, removing the cans will eliminate both feces and discarded mail. Just a thought and suggestion.

Jima64
09-22-2016, 03:40 PM
too bad people dont shred the white paper and add it a compost bin for their plant beds.

dewilson58
09-22-2016, 03:47 PM
Perhaps all the garbage cans can be removed from the mail stations for a trial period? If it is necessary to put small signs prohibiting dog feces, removing the cans will eliminate both feces and discarded mail. Just a thought and suggestion.

Interesting.

rivaridger1
09-22-2016, 05:27 PM
I am probably as naïve as a person can be, but would be of the opinion most people trashing their junk mail in the post office trash cans do not know it is not bring recycled. How about some simple notices weatherproofed and taped to the cans and a big one on the building itself suggesting the junk mail should be taken home to be properly recycled ? The CCDs could do that. Besides, who is going to stand there in front of their neighbors dumping mail into a trash can after being advised they are in the act of "polluting " ?

mickey100
09-22-2016, 05:45 PM

I think that is an excellent idea. Really, why do they need garbage cans at the mailboxes? The only things they probably collect are dog feces and junk mail. I wish they would try out removing the cans at a mail facility and see how it goes. I'm sure they're worried there would be all sorts of garbage floating around, but I really don't think that would happen.

dewilson58
09-22-2016, 06:29 PM
I think that is an excellent idea. Really, why do they need garbage cans at the mailboxes? The only things they probably collect are dog feces and junk mail. I wish they would try out removing the cans at a mail facility and see how it goes. I'm sure they're worried there would be all sorts of garbage floating around, but I really don't think that would happen.

Another reason I like ToTV.............hadn't thought about

larrym
09-22-2016, 06:49 PM
I agree!!!! Remove the garbage cans.......By the way.....It is frequently referred to as "junk mail" but actually it is" bulk business mail" used to advertise a particular business or service......just saying......

Bogie Shooter
09-22-2016, 07:11 PM
too bad people dont shred the white paper and add it a compost bin for their plant beds.

Compost bin?

Bogie Shooter
09-22-2016, 07:12 PM
I am probably as naïve as a person can be, but would be of the opinion most people trashing their junk mail in the post office trash cans do not know it is not bring recycled. How about some simple notices weatherproofed and taped to the cans and a big one on the building itself suggesting the junk mail should be taken home to be properly recycled ? The CCDs could do that. Besides, who is going to stand there in front of their neighbors dumping mail into a trash can after being advised they are in the act of "polluting " ?

The signs will go unread, re: dog poop in cans.