PDA

View Full Version : Increase speed on 2000 Yamaha Golf Cart

rpribu
03-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Has anyone upgraded the speed on a Yamaha electric cart. I am looking for a reliable source to install a hi-speed drive gear. My cart is a 2000 G19 electric. Rebuilt in 2004 and purchased from the Villages golf carts store. The cart is very clean and still reliable but only gets a top speed of 17 mph. I would like to have hi-speed gears installed to get it to 20 mph. I have checked into a hi-speed motor but I would need to upgrade my controller and wiring. The gears are the most reasonable to go. If anyone knows a honest and knowledgeable mechanic, please let me know.
Rich P.:shrug:

Eddie
04-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Call
Karl about Carts 352-409-2702.
Does great work. He will put in gears or motor at your house. He has been working in the Villages for 5 years or more. I always use him
Ed

JohnN
04-29-2009, 03:11 PM
I've read about a gizmo called a "Plum Quick" that connects into the golf cart with no other changes needed that does a fine job of both torque and max speed. I don't have any personal knowledge of it though. Plenty on the net about it.

rpribu
05-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks Eddie, I called "ALL ABOUT CARTS" , talked to Jim and he told me they install a 4.3 hp - 3600 rpm motor to gain speed. Well because I am a skeptical person I asked for a name of a person who they installed a motor on their cart. Jim gave me a name and phone number of a person who had 2 carts upgraded. I checked to see if the name was legit and he lived in the villages. The gentleman told me they installed a motor in a 1998 Yamaha and was waiting for them to install another motor in his 1999 Yamaha. He told me he was very happy with the new motor and speed increased well over the legal speed limit. I made a appointment for Mon. 4-20-09. Jim called me Sat. 4-18 and said the motor had not arrived and rescheduled for Thur. 4-23. Jim called me Wed. evening and said the motor arrived and Stephen will be there in the morning. Steve arrived at 9:00 am and completed the installation by 10:30 am. I was impressed with the knowledge and skill Steve possessed. He answered all my questions politely and willingly. The cost was exactly as quoted. My cart speed increased by 50%. I also had a speedometer installed by someone else before the motor was installed, so that I could compare the speed. I would recommend "ALL ABOUT CARTS" if you want a honest and professional mechanic work on your cart. Rich P. :bowdown:

Talk Host
05-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Why would anybody want to operate an illegal golf cart. It's against the law and it's unsafe. The quote here "well about the legal speed" tells alot about what people think of their own safety and the safety of others.