PDA

View Full Version : Access to Affordable Quality Health Care for FL Residents

Sidney Lanier
03-31-2009, 05:35 AM
For Florida residents who either have no health care coverage or are paying exorbitant rates to a for-profit company for private coverage, check out the following link and see if this governmental program could work better for you than what you have--or don't have--at present:

http://www.coverfloridahealthcare.com/

Bob S
03-31-2009, 10:33 AM
This is very useful information. Thank you for posting.

yorkmaine
03-31-2009, 06:06 PM
I got a bit excited when I saw the link to the website. Unfortunately, it won't help people that are currently insured but with a high deductible. (Mine is $7,500) It's just catastrophic coverage. It pays for nothing unless you're in the hospital but that's all you get for $360. a month now. I hate to wish myself older but Medicare looks pretty to to this chicky!

Sidney Lanier
04-02-2009, 12:10 AM
I got a bit excited when I saw the link to the website. Unfortunately, it won't help people that are currently insured but with a high deductible. (Mine is $7,500) It's just catastrophic coverage. It pays for nothing unless you're in the hospital but that's all you get for $360. a month now. I hate to wish myself older but Medicare looks pretty to to this chicky!

I'm not familiar with the different options offered under this program; I myself have Medicare and a Medicare Plan F supplement program. Someone in FL (not in TV) sent me the link and suggested that I publicize it as best as I can, because when the program was created, no funds were put in place to advertise it, and for years (decades, actually...) health care and the number of people who do not have coverage, which has grown rapidly since the turn of the century, have been a major issue for me. The one thing I do recall, it's true, is that one is eligible for one of these plans only after having had no coverage for six months. But I do believe there are different options available, not only one for catastrophic coverage. Hope this info helps....