PDA

View Full Version : Swans

F16 1UB
04-06-2009, 06:02 AM
This is something I've never seen in the wild. These gorgeous creatures can't compare to the "STORKS" you have waltzing on the golf courses in TV but none the less pleasing to the eye. They have been hanging around for about a month and we hope to see little ones soon.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/F16-1UB/Swans.jpg

KathieI
04-06-2009, 08:55 AM
This is something I've never seen in the wild. These gorgeous creatures can't compare to the "STORKS" you have waltzing on the golf courses in TV but none the less pleasing to the eye. They have been hanging around for about a month and we hope to see little ones soon.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/F16-1UB/Swans.jpg

16, they are beautiful. Can you bring them with you to TV and we can put them in my pond? Notice I said "MY" as if I own it, lol.

sschuler1
04-06-2009, 09:51 AM
16 - we had lots of swans when I used to live in Traverse City. They are very pretty but can be quite mean, so you will want to keep your distance.

Halle
04-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Very nice F16. We have beautiful Trumpet Swans up here in the Frozen North. They are always the last to head south for the winter. Most of the time all you see is Swan Butt, they seem to always have their heads in the lake looking for food.

Boomer
04-06-2009, 10:51 AM
F16,

Thanks for showing us the swans. When I saw the picture I thought, "Oh how beautiful those creatures are and they mate for life." The swan has had a lot of press about all that one and only true love of a lifetime stuff.

Well, of course, I could not let it go at just thinking that. Oh no. I had to look up swans to see if that mate for life thing was right. Well, I wish I had not because I found something about how a study was done at the University of Melbourne where they put little bird-backpacks, or something with transmitters in them, on swans to track their mating habits. And they found that swans sometimes sneak away for a little rendezvous. Well, I was absolutely horrified. Oh 16, I sure hope your swans do not end up having some soap opera life. I hope you will let us know how they are doing.

They are not docile I have heard. So please do not try to put any tiny backpacks on them. OK?

Boomer

KathieI
04-06-2009, 11:18 AM
And they found that swans sometimes sneak away for a little rendezvous. Well, I was absolutely horrified. Oh 16, I sure hope your swans do not end up having some soap opera life. I hope you will let us know how they are doing.
Boomer

Boomer, if 16 brings them down here to TV, they'll fit right in with the soap opera lifestyle...

SUNNYMARYANN
04-06-2009, 12:38 PM
STORKS? STORKS? WHO SAID STORKS? I DONT WANT NO MORE STORKS DROPPING LITTLE PACKAGES ON MY DOORSTEP!:rant-rave:

KathieI
04-06-2009, 01:03 PM
STORKS? STORKS? WHO SAID STORKS? I DONT WANT NO MORE STORKS DROPPING LITTLE PACKAGES ON MY DOORSTEP!:rant-rave:

Sunny, its EIGHT is enough, so you need one more!!

Sorry, I hope you still talk to me!!!!! :oops:

The Great Fumar
04-06-2009, 01:45 PM
I HATE TO BE THE ONE TO BREAK THIS NEWS BUT,,, I SAW A PAIR OF SWANS ON THE TV SHOW CHEATERS TWO NIGHTS AGO....

I FOR ONE WAS SHOCKED ... FUMAR . .:throwtomatoes: