PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Singing Voice of Susan Boyle

Hawkwind
04-15-2009, 07:56 PM
In case you have not seen this video of Susan Boyle sing this is truly great. http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

I think last season they had a guy walk on and sing opera and he brought the house down. Within days he was in New York and later signed a very nice contract.

JeanneBeannie
04-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Yes I saw her, she was amazing!! Was last year Paul Potts? I have it saved it my fav file...he was sooo good!!

Boomer
04-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi Hawkwind,

Thanks. I never watch that show. But now I will watch for her.

The link was not working so I went to You Tube and got it again for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OcQ9A-5noM

Not only is her voice stunning, but she definitely has a spark, a twinkle in her eye. She brought down the house. That's for sure. I wonder if she is headed for Broadway. I have a feeling that she can act, too.

Thanks again.

(I just looked at my post in preview before I hit send. I have never had a You Tube link look like this before. I hope it works when I send it.)

Boomer

Boomer
04-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Something must be up with these You Tube links. Mine did not work either. There are a bunch of them on there. I went to youtube.com and typed in Susan Boyle and got a whole list. Let's see if this one works.

.....Well, I tried a different one and that did not work either. Must be something where you can listen on You Tube but cannot link it anywhere.

Anyway, Susan Boyle is wonderful.

Boomer

katezbox
04-15-2009, 09:24 PM
She was so good her recording was on All Things Considered on NPR today.

Amazing voice.

Boomer
04-15-2009, 10:12 PM
She was so good her recording was on All Things Considered on NPR today.

Amazing voice.

Hi Kate,

Now, I will try for a third time to get a link to her performance. Let's see how it works through NPR:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103143666

Hey! It worked! If you click on the place where it says "Listen Now" you can hear a little of her song. The You Tube link is there, too. And I got it to work this time. Maybe the third time really is a charm.

So thank you Kate, fellow NPR fan.

Boomer

Whalen
04-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Have seen Les Mis 3 times and this song never ceases to make cry, I then continue to cry throughout the performance.
Just like the aria in Madam Butterfly:cryin2::cryin2::cryin2::cryin2:

Boomer
04-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Have seen Les Mis 3 times and this song never ceases to make cry, I then continue to cry throughout the performance.
Just like the aria in Madam Butterfly:cryin2::cryin2::cryin2::cryin2:

Ohhhh Whalen!

You had to mention that Madam Butterfly aria didn't you. Great. Just great. Now I am tearing up just thinking about it. I do so love it though. In fact, I am going to have to locate it for my iPod. Makes me cry every time.

The other one that gets me every time is that Rachmaninoff thing that was in that movie "Somewhere in Time" from long ago. That movie with Christopher Reeve before he was Superman even.

Ohhhh, you know the one I mean. Rachmaninoff. Dah Dee Dah Dee Dah Dahhh Dah Dah Dee Dahhhh.... Piano! Violins! You know the one I mean. I do have that one on my iPod. Makes me cry every time.

Crying in public at something like that can be pretty embarrassing for me. I never could master the tear or two glistening on the porcelain cheek routine. Oh no. I have to blubber and snort and get splotchy and red. Lovely. Just lovely.

Well, I think I just took this thread off topic. Although, not really. This is going like a conversation would go.

It is after midnight so I better get out of here.

Goodnight Boomer

JeanneBeannie
04-16-2009, 05:16 AM
Ohhhh Boomer! I love love love that song too from the movie "Somewhere In Time"!! A tear jerker for sure!! I have tried to find it, but no luck :shrug:. I've seen the movie over and over, the kind of movie like "Gone With The Wind" and "Titanic" and "Thorn Birds" that I never get tired of. I guess I am a sap for love stories lol. Thanks for reminding me of that movie, I'm gonna go look and see if I can find it. :cryin2::cryin2:

Talk Host
04-16-2009, 05:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z0h1NNk1Ik&feature=related

Taltarzac
04-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Here's some information about the show Susan Boyle is competing in right now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britain%27s_Got_Talent_(series_3)

JeanneBeannie
04-16-2009, 07:51 AM
I agree she was wonderful, I saw it on TV blew me away! :eclipsee_gold_cup:
I dont want to go off topic, but if you enjoyed her, you might want to check out Paul Potts who also won the talent show in the UK singing "Nessun Dorma" . Omg I saw it a few times and everytime the tears streamed down my face (happy tears) cause he was sooooo good! :cryin2:. Its on YouTube. I havnt figured out yet how to send the link here, will try later lol. But if I want to sell this house and live in TV I better get in gear and make this place shine lol! I cant view YouTube because I live in the boonies lol and dont have DSL :shrug:.
P.S. I just heard that coming up at 9 a.m. on Fox News is the woman that won, they say she had 6 MILLION hits on YouTube and she is going to be on live! Cool beans!!

JUREK
04-16-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm not into American Idol or any same type of show fan. I did come across
Suzan Boyle singing. My God what a wonderful voice.
You go girl.:eclipsee_gold_cup::eclipsee_gold_cup:

bsliny
04-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Susan Boyle was terrific her performance brought tears to my eyes

JeanneBeannie
04-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Wow! I hadnt seen the whole thing, I hope you caught it on TV just now. Another tear jerker for sure! In all the years watching Simon Cowell, I have never seen him smile so much!! God bless her!! :coolsmiley: Have a great day all, now I really have got to get to my cleaning duties lol. :yuck:

MMC24
04-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Susan Boyle is a perfect example of how we judge someone from their first impression. She had a couple of "cheeky" remarks but once she opened her mouth to sing, WOW. She changed everyone's mind including Simon's. She went from dowdy to dandy in 3 minutes. Good for her. I'll expect to see her on Leno or Letterman in the near future.

KathieI
04-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Whatever show she was on, she was fantastic. I have watched this video over and over today and last night, and I still cry listening to her. What a remarkable person and what a VOICE!!! Wow! She's a little feisty too and I liked that. How about that little shimmy she gave on the stage, how cute....

JeanneBeannie
04-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Yes she is fiesty lol....I saw the lil shimmy she gave too, it was funny. I think Simon has met his match lol. I am sure it wont be long before Oprah has her on (she had Paul Potts on too). If I see it coming up I will let ya know. :beer3:

Peggy D
04-16-2009, 08:57 PM
A friend sent me this clip via e-mail. I was absolutely stunned. What a
beautiful voice.