PDA

View Full Version : Electric Car Charging Stations in TV?

Francie
10-15-2016, 01:12 PM
I am considering buying an electric or hybrid automobile. Are there any EV charging stations in or near The Villages?
Thank you!

n8xwb
10-15-2016, 03:37 PM
The short answer is NO! There is one charger (with reserved parking for EV being charged) at KOHLS in Lady Lake.

Bob
2017 Chevy VOLT

bbbbbb
10-15-2016, 03:53 PM
Unfortunately, probably not.

Is there money to made here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,? Think about that one.

biker1
10-15-2016, 04:01 PM
There is the one in your garage. Do you really have a need for a charging station in The Villages given the relatively small distances around town?

I am considering buying an electric or hybrid automobile. Are there any EV charging stations in or near The Villages?
Thank you!

Francie
10-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Thank you all for your responses!

jimbo2012
10-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Sure there are, it's on your roof "Go Solar"

run all day/nite over 70 miles.

Shimpy
10-18-2016, 04:47 PM
There is the one in your garage. Do you really have a need for a charging station in The Villages given the relatively small distances around town?

Other than at home a charging station would probably have to have overnight accommodations.

Barboza
10-19-2016, 03:13 AM
I believethatbthere is a message at Outback saying that they have charging station

Two Bills
10-19-2016, 04:26 AM
Get a hybrid. Best of both worlds.

RickeyD
10-19-2016, 05:49 AM
Get on the waiting list for the new small Tesla and you won't need no stinking charging station.

JoMar
10-19-2016, 08:59 PM
I believethatbthere is a message at Outback saying that they have charging station

Now if the could just improve their food.....lol

n8xwb
10-20-2016, 04:34 PM
Why wait for the Tesla...Chevy is building the all electric Bolt NOW. Over 200 electric miles! Or, buy a Chevy Volt.....get over 53 electric miles and still carry 8 gallons of gas to extend your range to over 350 miles if needed!

rjm1cc
10-20-2016, 05:22 PM
Tesla has several in Ocala and I believe they are free. I would search Tesla for the location of all their stations. But I would only look at cars that could at least get me from my village home to the next town.

ColdNoMore
10-20-2016, 06:27 PM
I saw about a half-dozen Tesla's charging at the Turkey Lake Service Plaza a month ago (Costco run :D ).

I was interested in it, so I researched and found out that Tesla had installed the stations at their own expense.

Florida's Turnpike - The Less Stressway (http://www.floridasturnpike.com/travelerInfo.html)

Tesla recently installed electric vehicle charging stations at the Turkey Lake and Fort Drum Service Plazas on Florida's Turnpike. The service, operated at Tesla's own cost and expense, may be expanded in 2015.

If they eventually do it at the Okahumpka Travel Plaza, you can actually get on the Turnpike off of 301, drive down and recharge and then get back...without paying any tolls. :shrug:

ColdNoMore
10-20-2016, 06:33 PM
Why wait for the Tesla...Chevy is building the all electric Bolt NOW. Over 200 electric miles! Or, buy a Chevy Volt.....get over 53 electric miles and still carry 8 gallons of gas to extend your range to over 350 miles if needed!

Tesla has several in Ocala and I believe they are free. I would search Tesla for the location of all their stations. But I would only look at cars that could at least get me from my village home to the next town.

I'm waiting for the solar powered car that, with all of the subsidies and tax breaks, will be free...by voting No on Amendment 1.

Or, since I heard the state tax subsidies/exemptions for solar cars will be so humongous...should I hold out until they pay me to buy one?

Decisions, decisions. decisions.

:D

Shimpy
10-21-2016, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=ColdNoMore;1308646
If they eventually do it at the Okahumpka Travel Plaza, you can actually get on the Turnpike off of 301, drive down and recharge and then get back...without paying any tolls. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

If you can afford a Tesla then saving a couple dollars for a charge isn't important, not to mention the inconvenience of hanging around a turnpike plaza for a long time.

photo1902
10-21-2016, 05:12 PM
I'm waiting for the solar powered car that, with all of the subsidies and tax breaks, will be free...by voting No on Amendment 1.

Or, since I heard the state tax subsidies/exemptions for solar cars will be so humongous...should I hold out until they pay me to buy one?

I'd like to nominate you for Best Post of the Day.

Carl in Tampa
10-21-2016, 06:59 PM

This week a friend of mine drove his Tesla from Tampa to Gainesville, to St. Augustine, back to Gainesville, and then headed for Tampa.

He had to stop at the Tesla free recharging station in Ocala to get enough of a charge to get home.

No all-electric car for me (just as I will never own another electric golf cart.) But I would consider a hybrid if I could always have a gas engine to fall back on.

To the point of the quote above. Libertarian TV personality John Stossel had a program a few years ago where he featured his golf cart which he obtained for FREE using various government tax incentives. (Electric I believe.) :a040:

As soon as word got out that this could be done, the government changed the incentive program so that no one else could get one for free.

richard ingram
01-02-2017, 12:40 PM
My '16 Prius IV gets 70mpg around TVs and operates on batteries 48% of the time -- no charging req'ed - not a plug in vehicle

DangeloInspections
01-02-2017, 02:38 PM
My '16 Prius IV gets 70mpg around TVs and operates on batteries 48% of the time -- no charging req'ed - not a plug in vehicle

The newer Prius Prime is a plug in hybrid....I am very impressed with it. This is what Toyota said they tried to make the Prius Gen IV, but did not have the time, etc.

It is worth checking out.
2017 Toyota Prius Prime Plug-In Hybrid | Let's imagine the new possible. (http://www.toyota.com/priusprime/)