PDA

View Full Version : TOTV Website Difficulties

10-29-2016, 02:45 PM
All your concerns continue to be forwarded to Admin to try to get the problems resolved. Unfortunately, since the problems do not affect all members, it is harder to isolate the cause. As an example, one member using Firefox and Windows10 has a problem with PMs, while another with Firefox and Windows10 does not. Some find the Hide Classified button works, while it does not for others. It seems political threads appear for some under New Posts and not for others.

Your patience is appreciated as we work through this. Please continue to post problems that appear as well as noting when a problem for you seems resolved. While potential solutions are tested using different platforms, there may still be some affected.

A reminder regarding Tapatalk problems. The site does not support Tapatalk. It will work, but some functions will not operate normally. TOTV has a mobile app that should resolve those problems.

Golf-Tinker
10-29-2016, 03:18 PM
Hide Classified Button does not work. Access TOTV with Opera browser on iPad 9.7 Pro running IOS 9.3.

Where do I download TOTV app?

Nucky
10-29-2016, 04:59 PM
Hide Classified Button does not work. Access TOTV with Opera browser on iPad 9.7 Pro running IOS 9.3.

Where do I download TOTV app?

There may be a better way but I just use Google and type in Talk Of The Villages. It works very well. :coolsmiley:

justjim
10-29-2016, 05:23 PM
Political Threads continue to appear in my new posts. Iam currently using my I-phone smartphone.

villagetinker
10-29-2016, 07:09 PM
I have sent at least 3 emails, but will summarize here:
1. I cannot access (read or write) PMs, further, when in the PM area, only the first 2 items on the left column are clickable. I found if I clicked on one ove the symbols (very few were clickable), I could then type text in the message field, however the SEND button was not clickable.
2. I have no access to any but the first 2 items in the user control panel.
3. I am running Windows 10 (updated 2-3 days ago) and I have tired IE-11, Edge, and Chrome all with the same results.
4. I do NOT recall seeing the political threads.
5. If I hit the HIDE CLASSIFIED button to quickly, I get the you have to wait 30 sections error message, I need to hit the NEW posts button, and WAIT 30 seconds to HIDE the classifieds.

IMHO, I think your user database was clobbered during the recent "security" upgrade, and the result is all of the above problems, and the randomness between users.
Hope this helps.

Fraugoofy
10-29-2016, 07:21 PM
Are you going to make "your mobile app" function like a real mobile app rather than a mini website? Thanks for considering this. Peace out...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

justjim
10-30-2016, 09:11 AM
Surely somebody can fix this. Patience is a virtue but every time you look at "new posts" about half of the Threads are political garbage it is becoming increasingly hard to be patient. This is on my I-phone 6 which is currently my only link to TOTV. Most of the political Threads are nothing but posted hate and garbage. I'm gone until there is a fix.

billethkid
10-30-2016, 09:14 AM
I just don't open what I have no interest in reading.

photo1902
10-30-2016, 09:37 AM
I just don't open what I have no interest in reading.

Same here. I really don't know why people just can't do the same. There are a lot of posts I don't care to see, so I'm not sure if anything could be done to specifically filter posts to everyone's liking.

New York Transplant
10-30-2016, 10:00 AM
There should be a separate page for political posts. JMOO

jnieman
10-30-2016, 10:23 AM
All your concerns continue to be forwarded to Admin to try to get the problems resolved. Unfortunately, since the problems do not affect all members, it is harder to isolate the cause. As an example, one member using Firefox and Windows10 has a problem with PMs, while another with Firefox and Windows10 does not. Some find the Hide Classified button works, while it does not for others. It seems political threads appear for some under New Posts and not for others.

Your patience is appreciated as we work through this. Please continue to post problems that appear as well as noting when a problem for you seems resolved. While potential solutions are tested using different platforms, there may still be some affected.

A reminder regarding Tapatalk problems. The site does not support Tapatalk. It will work, but some functions will not operate normally. TOTV has a mobile app that should resolve those problems.

Using windows 8.1 on chrome and cannot reply or send any P.M.'s either. Also when clicking on a classified ad and I tried several there is no button to contact the seller. Also there is no button to edit your own ads. All of this while logged in.

alancusa
10-30-2016, 10:33 AM

Although I don't log out of the site, each time I return I have to click on new posts, then wait 30 seconds to get rid of the classifieds each time I return. Pain in the butt!

fw102807
10-31-2016, 07:57 AM
Is anyone working on the classifieds section? We can no longer post and add because this button is missing.

Retiring
10-31-2016, 11:42 AM
Unable to send PM, using MacOS 10.10.5.

No luck with:

Safari 10.0.1
Google Chrome 54.0.2840.71
Firefox 3.6.26

Any idea when this will be repaired?

Thanks.

TOTV Team
11-02-2016, 12:28 PM
Hello All -

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. As you know we have done over the years heavy customization to the website for the maximum benefit of the users. We have had multiple issues happen at one time as we were doing security updates that broke a number of custom features. We have been working diligently to correct these issues.

Yes you must be logged into your TOTV account first in order to use the classifieds and this is for the user's protection. First thing to do is clear your cache on your browser and start fresh. If you are still having issues as of today please report them to us by clicking the contact us at the bottom of any page and we will work through any issues any user has.

Thanks again in advance.

Best Regards,

photo1902
11-02-2016, 02:24 PM
Hello All -

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. As you know we have done over the years heavy customization to the website for the maximum benefit of the users. We have had multiple issues happen at one time as we were doing security updates that broke a number of custom features. We have been working diligently to correct these issues.

Yes you must be logged into your TOTV account first in order to use the classifieds and this is for the user's protection. First thing to do is clear your cache on your browser and start fresh. If you are still having issues as of today please report them to us by clicking the contact us at the bottom of any page and we will work through any issues any user has.

Thanks again in advance.

Best Regards,

Looks like classifieds are up and running, and we have regained the ability to post classifieds. Thank you for your hard work!

villagetinker
11-02-2016, 02:29 PM
I have sent at least 3 emails, but will summarize here:
1. I cannot access (read or write) PMs, further, when in the PM area, only the first 2 items on the left column are clickable. I found if I clicked on one ove the symbols (very few were clickable), I could then type text in the message field, however the SEND button was not clickable.
2. I have no access to any but the first 2 items in the user control panel.
3. I am running Windows 10 (updated 2-3 days ago) and I have tired IE-11, Edge, and Chrome all with the same results.
4. I do NOT recall seeing the political threads.
5. If I hit the HIDE CLASSIFIED button to quickly, I get the you have to wait 30 sections error message, I need to hit the NEW posts button, and WAIT 30 seconds to HIDE the classifieds.

IMHO, I think your user database was clobbered during the recent "security" upgrade, and the result is all of the above problems, and the randomness between users.
Hope this helps.

ADMIN:
Per your instructions, I have 1. Closed my browser, cleared the history, 2. Shutdown the PC and rebooted, and all of the above problems appear to still be there.
VT

jnieman
11-02-2016, 02:41 PM
I can now post a PM to someone. I can now edit my ads. I can now contact a seller and display their phone number.

I am doing all of this on Chrome.

Thanks Moderator!

fw102807
11-02-2016, 03:27 PM
This is still not working for me with Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer. It was working a few weeks ago but not anymore. It appears that there is a permissions issue with certain user accounts.

villagetinker
11-02-2016, 03:54 PM
ADMIN:
I have 3 browsers installed, cleared history on all three, rebooted PC, then tried CHROME. This allows me to post to Chit Chat lounge, but all the above problems are still there, including no access to PMs or user CP. I will check Edge again, and IE11 has the same problems as Chrome, except, IE11 will NOT allow me to post to chit chat lounge as there is a missing security certificate error.

11-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Hi Villagetinker,

I sent you a PM, did you get it?

Ill investigate your problem and get to the bottom of it. You are right the database is big, but its not clobbered ;)

Thanks,

REDCART
11-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Using an IPad Air with IOS 10.1.1 with Safari. I cleared history and rebooted. Cannot access PMs.

Retiring
11-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Unable to send PM, using MacOS 10.10.5.

No luck with:

Safari 10.0.1
Google Chrome 54.0.2840.71
Firefox 3.6.26

Any idea when this will be repaired?

Thanks.

Still unable to send PM. Don't know if I can receive PM. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

LitespeedRider
11-03-2016, 01:23 PM
Using an IPad Air with IOS 10.1.1 with Safari. I cleared history and rebooted. Cannot access PMs.

I cant for the life of me figure out what history or cached credentials would have at all to do with the issue that is on the back-end of the data-set. Nor the multiple browser failures...but, it isnt my soup and I aint going to stir it.

villagetinker
11-03-2016, 02:26 PM
Hi Villagetinker,

I sent you a PM, did you get it?

Ill investigate your problem and get to the bottom of it. You are right the database is big, but its not clobbered ;)

Thanks,

In case you did not get me email, yes I did get the PM, no I cannot open it and no I cannot reply, and only the first 2 items in the user CP can be clicked.

Thank you for looking into this.

Mikeod
11-03-2016, 02:33 PM
In case you did not get me email, yes I did get the PM, no I cannot open it and no I cannot reply, and only the first 2 items in the user CP can be clicked.

Thank you for looking into this.
I don't see an obvious connection to your problems, but wanted to ask anyway. Have you tried accessing TOTV and PMs with a smart phone and cellular data, or a smart phone used as a hot spot? We went through a period where we couldn't even log on to TOTV with our computers. It would just not connect with the website at all, yet we could get on any other site with no trouble. We discovered we could access TOTV with cellular data, or with a cellular hot spot, or even with Xfinitywifi spot. But not through our regular Xfinity modem/router connection. We changed routers and that didn't help. Finally called Xfinity as a last resort and they finally solved it, but didn't respond to our question about what was wrong and what they did. Wish they had since it happened again a few months later and took a week and a half to get resolved.

Retiring
11-04-2016, 12:31 PM
Moderator,

Any idea when I'll get PM capability again?

Thanks.

JMEZARIC3
11-19-2016, 07:23 PM

The hide classified ads button does not work.I use chrome and a Mac with the newest software.Please help.

TOTV Team
11-19-2016, 07:37 PM
We are working on this issue. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

TOTV Team

JMEZARIC3
11-20-2016, 10:57 AM
The hide classified ads button does not work.I use chrome and a Mac with the newest software.Please help.
I tried Safari and Firefox.Same Issues.

PJOHNS2654
11-20-2016, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=Moderator;1312456]All your concerns continue to be forwarded to Admin to try to get the problems resolved. Unfortunately, since the problems do not affect all members, it is harder to isolate the cause. As an example, one member using Firefox and Windows10 has a problem with PMs, while another with Firefox and Windows10 does not. Some find the Hide Classified button works, while it does not for others. It seems political threads appear for some under New Posts and not for others.

Hide Classified button still does not work. Political threads appear under New Posts. Using Safari on my Mac.

Biker Dog
11-22-2016, 06:01 AM
Will the "New Posts" problems ever get fixed??????

Doro22
11-22-2016, 07:09 AM
Every time I click on "NEW POSTS". I get a blank white page. What's up with that?

Jima64
11-22-2016, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=Moderator;1312456]All your concerns continue to be forwarded to Admin to try to get the problems resolved. Unfortunately, since the problems do not affect all members, it is harder to isolate the cause. As an example, one member using Firefox and Windows10 has a problem with PMs, while another with Firefox and Windows10 does not. Some find the Hide Classified button works, while it does not for others. It seems political threads appear for some under New Posts and not for others.

Hide Classified button still does not work. Political threads appear under New Posts. Using Safari on my Mac.

I have the problem of the classifieds showing up all the time on windows 7, 10 and also a chromebook so it isn't just one kind of browser.

LuckySevens
11-22-2016, 06:07 PM
Using windows 8.1 on chrome and cannot reply or send any P.M.'s either. Also when clicking on a classified ad and I tried several there is no button to contact the seller. Also there is no button to edit your own ads. All of this while logged in.

If people posting ads would just post a phone # or email address, you wouldn't have a problem with contacting them. I have been asking posters to do this for a year, and with not much success. I don't know why everyone is so afraid of posting that information. I do not have any issues from posting phone and email.

Fraugoofy
11-22-2016, 08:46 PM
If people posting ads would just post a phone # or email address, you wouldn't have a problem with contacting them. I have been asking posters to do this for a year, and with not much success. I don't know why everyone is so afraid of posting that information. I do not have any issues from posting phone and email.
I agree with you 100%. It should be mandatory to post a way to contact the seller. TOTV could take a few lessons from Craigslist!

JoMar
11-22-2016, 10:45 PM
Seems everything is going backwards.....I finally got to where the political posts didn't show up. I still had to "hide classified" but they did disappear. Now both ads and polical posts are back....does anyone know what's going on? Maybe if we had the email address of the owner of the site we could give them emails so they can get frustrated too. This is getting old.

Ecuadog
11-22-2016, 11:39 PM
I hope that this bulletin board is a free version. I'd hate to think that ToTV is having to pay vBulletin Solutions for this clunker.

Boomer
11-23-2016, 11:47 AM
When I log on with my iPad, the list of new posts is often almost all political -- sometimes the first page or two or more look like a leaflet drop awash in a sea of classifieds.

Yes. I can scroll past. But I have noticed that there is not much to scroll for anymore. There seem to be fewer and fewer regular posts to read for fun and/or information about TV or things of general interest. (sigh)

Barefoot
11-23-2016, 02:44 PM
When I go to New Posts, there are many, many, many ads.
When I push "hide classifieds", a popup box advises me I have to wait 30 seconds for a new search.
And it doesn't ever hide classifieds.

rjm1cc
11-23-2016, 09:27 PM
Using Source Pro 3, windows 10 current, Google Chrome or Firefox. Can not log into the site for probably the last three or four weeks. Need Microsoft Edge to log in.

Fredman
11-23-2016, 09:34 PM
Can not log in on my iPad without going through google

CFrance
11-23-2016, 10:11 PM
When I go to New Posts, there are many, many, many ads.
When I push "hide classifieds", a popup box advises me I have to wait 30 seconds for a new search.
And it doesn't ever hide classifieds.
Even if you wait the 30 seconds, it doesn't always hide the classifieds. And now the political posts are showing up on "New Posts" (Windows 7, Firefox) whereas before they were only showing up on "Today's Posts."

So it's gotten worse.

Polar Bear
11-23-2016, 11:30 PM
So it's gotten worse.
Yeah. With all due respect to the developers (I know it's not easy), it's taking waaaaaayyyy to long to fix this.

Retiring
11-27-2016, 12:38 PM
Unable to send PMs again. The problem was fixed for a while but it’s back.

ColdNoMore
11-27-2016, 08:20 PM
I'm pretty sure the powers that be are working hard...to fix the issues from the 'upgrades.'

At least it's not costing me anything...or I'm being forced to come here.

Polar Bear
11-27-2016, 08:36 PM
I'm pretty sure the powers that be are working hard...to fix the issues from the 'upgrades.'..

Trying is good. But at some point, results are essential. That time is either very near or has already passed. As more and more posts are stating, people are thinking about leaving. Who knows how many may have already done so.

Nucky
11-27-2016, 09:45 PM
I've been in the no win spot that they are in they are in rite now. It's not fun. It taught me a life lesson. Don't kick anyone when they are down. I don't like the inconvenience either but I'm certain they are doing their very best. TOTV has been a valuable asset to many of us, cut them a husk!

rhood
11-28-2016, 07:28 AM
It would be nice to get an update from time to time telling us what they are doing.

11-28-2016, 09:53 AM
It would be nice to get an update from time to time telling us what they are doing.

You will see test posts from people working on the Classified difficulties, which is the main focus at this time and, apparently, the main concern of members. With all the different systems used to access TOTV, any fixes have to be evaluated on many platforms to make sure they work without side issues before being incorporated. Remember, these are all custom modifications of the basic software.

spring_chicken
11-28-2016, 11:24 AM
I'm pretty sure the powers that be are working hard...to fix the issues from the 'upgrades.'

At least it's not costing me anything...or I'm being forced to come here.

Yes, but when they ask in the OP for people to post letting them know what problems they're having, and then you do and it gets deleted, it kind of lets you know how they operate.

11-28-2016, 01:32 PM
Yes, but when they ask in the OP for people to post letting them know what problems they're having, and then you do and it gets deleted, it kind of lets you know how they operate.

On this thread, there have been two posts deleted because they did not report problems and were inflammatory. Posts that reported member problems as requested are intact. Every reported problem is and has been available for admin to view.

alancusa
11-28-2016, 03:16 PM
On this thread, there have been two posts deleted because they did not report problems and were inflammatory. Posts that reported member problems as requested are intact. Every reported problem is and has been available for admin to view.

Hide classifieds just worked for me. Thanks yo!

CFrance
11-28-2016, 03:36 PM
Hide classifieds just worked for me. Thanks yo!
Yes, it worked for me too, but when I switched to Today's Posts and then back to New Posts, the classifieds appeared again. The whole fix would be like it was originally--opt out of seeing classifieds unless you specifically go there.

Windows 7; Firefox

rhood
11-29-2016, 06:10 AM
Worked for me too, but I hit it after 30 seconds. Next time I will hit it right away.

alancusa
11-29-2016, 06:29 AM
Worked for me too, but I hit it after 30 seconds. Next time I will hit it right away.

Then it will tell you to wait for 29 seconds and the next time you go to the site they will be back again. Rome wasn't built in a day but might not have taken this long.

rubicon
11-29-2016, 06:37 AM
Admin:

I logged off TOTV logged back on and hit new post until I received the menu with "Hide Classified"at the top.

I clicked on to "Hide Classified" viola both the classified ads and political talk threads disappeared. I then clicked on to a thread read it and when I returned to the main menu both classified ads and political talk threads reappeared.

I appreciate your efforts and recognize that you will sort it all.

Personal Best Regards:

Retiring
12-05-2016, 01:18 PM
It’s happening again. I’m unable to post or receive PMs.

Using Safari.

Bosoxfan
01-30-2017, 08:08 PM
My new post tab isn't working on all my devices....HELP!!!!!

golf2140
01-30-2017, 09:37 PM
Using AOL unable to get new posts

CFrance
01-30-2017, 09:44 PM
My new post tab isn't working on all my devices....HELP!!!!!
Mine isn't either. Neither is my friends's. Sigh.

janewk
01-31-2017, 06:44 AM
I don't know if the area in which we live affects the "non working" portion of TOTV but I'm in Mira Mesa and I need to have the "new posts" tab back in working order. I'm trying to furnish a house using TOTV and the new post tab works better for me than the classified tab. Please fix it. There are so many who seem to have the same problem. Thank you.

graciegirl
01-31-2017, 06:52 AM
I think there is just more and more and more computer dysfunction on this site. I am so disappointed that it cannot be identified and fixed or some change to the general operating system or perhaps change of server?

Bloom&Company
01-31-2017, 07:02 AM
Cannot get any posts under new posts for a few days now

dnobles
01-31-2017, 07:04 AM
I have not been able to see new post for 2 days

ColdNoMore
01-31-2017, 08:26 AM
Cannot get any posts under new posts for a few days now

I have not been able to see new post for 2 days

Ditto.

Barefoot
01-31-2017, 11:21 AM
I think there is just more and more and more computer dysfunction on this site. I am so disappointed that it cannot be identified and fixed or some change to the general operating system or perhaps change of server?

:agree: Day 3 of current problem.

Bosoxfan
01-31-2017, 11:52 AM
:agree: Day 3 of current problem.

Where oh where are the administrators of this site? Can we please get some answers? I am now at work in a different part of the villages, using a different computer with a different browser and still nothing!!!:confused::swear::cus::rolleyes:

Barefoot
01-31-2017, 12:04 PM
Today's Posts under Quick Links doesn't work either.

The thread "Something wrong with the "new posts" tab was closed. :confused:

JoMar
01-31-2017, 02:56 PM
Does anyone know where this site is housed? I had heard Texas but never had that confirmed...would love to be able to hound the company responsible.

affald
01-31-2017, 06:46 PM
Use tapatalk on any andriod or Apple device, works fine. I think there is a Windows computer version too

Nucky
01-31-2017, 07:34 PM
When I just logged onto TOTV I received a message saying they are aware and trying to repair the problem as quickly as possible. Take it easy on them they want it to work a whole lot more that we do. It's rough when you are dealing with technical problem and fending off the slings and arrows at the same time. Patience, we'll be fine shortly!

rjm1cc
01-31-2017, 09:35 PM
For the past few months nothing but problems. Sometimes I can switch browsers and get on. Chrome has not worked in months.

Fraugoofy
01-31-2017, 11:53 PM
I agree and I have said before they seriously need to hire someone in their 20's who actually understands computer programming AND apps. I was told two years ago they wouldn't be supporting tapatalk... Tapatalk is working pretty much the same as always. Anyone with a smartphone can download the Tapatalk app. Bonus feature: no one is anonymous!

NotGolfer
02-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Must be REALLY snarled up as it's Wed. and I still don't have it working on my laptop. Hoping it gets resolved pretty soon!

Barefoot
02-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Tapatalk is working pretty much the same as always. Anyone with a smartphone can download the Tapatalk app. Bonus feature: no one is anonymous!
Please tell me .... can you use Tapatalk on an iPad? If so, which app do you download?

Bogie Shooter
02-01-2017, 02:59 PM
]Does anyone know where this site is housed?[/B] I had heard Texas but never had that confirmed...would love to be able to hound the company responsible.

In a van down by the river................:D
(sorry modie, I could not resist)

Fraugoofy
02-01-2017, 04:18 PM
Please tell me .... can you use Tapatalk on an iPad? If so, which app do you download?
I think tapatalk is available for both Androids and Apple devices. The app is called Tapatalk. Hopefully you can find it and load it. For me it is in my Google play store. Free app. Best of luck!

ColdNoMore
02-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Does anyone know where this site is housed? I had heard Texas but never had that confirmed...would love to be able to hound the company responsible.

Why would the location of the servers matter?

As for "hounding the company responsible," keep in mind that it costs nothing...and no one is required to be a member or participate. :shrug:

ColdNoMore
02-01-2017, 05:01 PM
When I just logged onto TOTV I received a message saying they are aware and trying to repair the problem as quickly as possible. Take it easy on them they want it to work a whole lot more that we do. It's rough when you are dealing with technical problem and fending off the slings and arrows at the same time. Patience, we'll be fine shortly!

A refreshing voice of reason. :thumbup:

Nucky
02-01-2017, 05:48 PM
In a van down by the river................:D
(sorry modie, I could not resist)

One funny skit, those were the good old days for SNL.:BigApplause:

Polar Bear
02-01-2017, 08:58 PM
...Chrome has not worked in months.
Chrome has worked fine for me until this recent New Posts issue.

janewk
02-02-2017, 05:49 AM
i use all apple products. Problem still not fixed for me. I restarted the computer. Still nothing. Exactly what IS the problem? Why can' they figure it out. We are missing out on a lot of good stuff.