PDA

View Full Version : Puppy Mills

nONIE
04-28-2009, 09:15 AM
Anyone watch the special last night on Puppy mills? It was on Animal planet and very difficult to watch. Fortunately our Nat'l Humane Society and ASPCA is hard at work doing all they can to shut the worst of them down.

Just a little reminder that the majority of puppies that are sold in pet shops come from these dirty puppy mills , where the animals live in horrible conditions. There is a very good possibility that these pups are not healthy and will develop serious health and behavioral problems down the line. Meanwhile you are paying exboritant amounts money for them.

Please, please, consider adopting from your local animal shelter or rescue group, These animals are in desperate need of homes . Thousands of shelter dogs are put down each year because they cannot find loving homes. They make loving devoted pets that are eternally grateful to you.

Ill get down off my soapbox now, thanks for listening.

Halle
04-28-2009, 09:26 AM
:agree:

Nonie thanks for the friendly reminder!

We strongly believe in adopting from a Rescue or Shelter, The Girls are both rescue pups.

Halle

graciegirl
04-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Oh Nonie. We all went to Markets of Marion the other day. Really on YOUR endorsement, and it was really interesting...and then we saw the puppies. Well YOU know we have two kitties, (Mikey, Harry and Hershey) so there wouldn't be a way Sweetie would endorse a new baby, but oh how hard it was to walk away and I figured they were from a puppy mill, but even so, something in me wishes I could rescue them from their sordid beginnings and give them a good life. Our kitty boys are all rescued and they were all fostered so well that each of them is a people person and so interactive and fun to have. Those early weeks do make a huge difference to furry pals.

You are so right as usual Nonie to not give MONEY to these people who don't really treasure these puppies.

nONIE
04-28-2009, 03:02 PM
bump

JeanneBeannie
04-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Anyone watch the special last night on Puppy mills? It was on Animal planet and very difficult to watch. Fortunately our Nat'l Humane Society and ASPCA is hard at work doing all they can to shut the worst of them down.

Just a little reminder that the majority of puppies that are sold in pet shops come from these dirty puppy mills , where the animals live in horrible conditions. There is a very good possibility that these pups are not healthy and will develop serious health and behavioral problems down the line. Meanwhile you are paying exboritant amounts money for them.

Please, please, consider adopting from your local animal shelter or rescue group, These animals are in desperate need of homes . Thousands of shelter dogs are put down each year because they cannot find loving homes. They make loving devoted pets that are eternally grateful to you.

Ill get down off my soapbox now, thanks for listening.

Wonderfully said Nonie....and so right!! :eclipsee_gold_cup:
I have seen a few shows on Oprah about those horrible puppy mills. Next time around I will definitely adopt! Right now I have my two doggie limit for TV....but in the future...you and I can go out and pick out a new puppy in a shelter. :agree:.
Jeanne Beannie :clap2:

F16 1UB
04-29-2009, 07:28 AM
I like my new home & owner although my little step sister is a grump.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/F16-1UB/th_Teddy4.jpg (http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/F16-1UB/?action=view&current=Teddy4.jpg)

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/F16-1UB/th_SadieStrikesAgain3-31-08002.jpg (http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/F16-1UB/?action=view&current=SadieStrikesAgain3-31-08002.jpg)

nONIE
04-29-2009, 09:39 AM
LOL! I take it the adjustment period between "the kids "is taking a little longer then expected?????

Let me guess....... Teddy is wanting to play and have fun all day long , while patience is not showing too much patience???

graciegirl
04-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Our kitties have a much more outgoing and pleasant persona when they get to TV. Patience can show Teddy the ropes and they can just walk right on down to my porch.....when I get back.........sigh.

nONIE
04-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Gracie,

That doesnt surprise me! I think we humans have a much more outgoing and pleasant persona when we're in The Villages. Wats up with that?