PDA

View Full Version : Vista Problems - Help

kyblue
05-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Has anyone had permissions problems with Vista. I am unable to download - and update any files.

Does anyone have suggestions.

Give me windows XP

fraurauch
05-10-2009, 09:28 AM
I had a similar problem with a few files. Could not figure it out, so I copied the data to another file, named it something else and that has worked.

Hawkwind
05-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Are you an administrator of the computer? In not make yourself an administrator and when you log in use that account.

Also you may get a pop up asking to to run a new install program as administrator to get it to install properly.

I have not had too much trouble with Vista but am waiting for Windows 7 to come out. Some of the guys I work with are playing with Windows 7 Beta and like it as it is more like XP than Vista.

chisom
10-30-2009, 12:41 AM
These type of problems does not occur in XP at all, its a brand new annoyance in Vista, but it’s a security “feature.” To waste less of your time and doing this with each file, just disable the whole thing like this:
1. Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> System Config
2. Continue through User Account Controls prompt
3. Select Tools -> Scroll down and select Disable UAC
4. Click Launch -> Reboot machine
That will do it. Disables the UAC for Vista, making it like XP, which has no such protection “feature.” Although its probably not exactly the same thing, this seems similar to turning off “Component Control” in your Firewall, if your firewall has such a feature.