PDA

View Full Version : How to start support group?

conservativechick
05-19-2009, 01:37 PM
anyone know how to start a support group for a medical condition that is rare?? or any support group? how to start it? i do see quite a few advertised in recreation news but not what i am looking for. cc

ijusluvit
05-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Putting a specific post ".....Support Group" here in TOTV is a great way to start. Have readers send you a personal message. Even if you find only one other person among the thousands who read this, you will have your beginning. If you have a small group and don't want to host a first meeting, talk to one of the rec center directors about providing a space to meet and other ways to notify people.

Good luck. The Villages might be one of the easiest places on earth to get wonderful people with common interests together, no matter how narrow those interests might be.

zcaveman
05-19-2009, 09:46 PM
anyone know how to start a support group for a medical condition that is rare?? or any support group? how to start it? i do see quite a few advertised in recreation news but not what i am looking for. cc

What is the medical condition? You leave us in the dark as to being able to help you.