PDA

View Full Version : Rear Seat

clod
05-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Thinking of adding rear seats to a 2006 Club Car. Any thoughts on dealers; source of parts, is it doable as a DYS project? Thanks.

Steve (C.L.O.D.):shrug:

Canabarrybarb
05-25-2009, 04:35 PM
I bought a rear seat kit for my EzGo from a place called Frugal Dougals. He sells kits for different makes of cart. It was delivered to my door and I was able to install it myself. Even though it was meant to be an exact match for my model, I did have to drill new holes in order to line up with the mounting of the existing seat back and I had to bend the replacement rear upright pieces a little bit to match the angle on the original pieces. It took about a day of my labor overall but we are very pleased with the result and find it very handy when we have guests. I was able to buy a couple of pieces of aluminum bar from Home Depot and thereby re-use the existing basket and golf club holder. I fasten them to the rear seat hand rails with a couple of wing nuts and remove them when we want to put people in the back. I also added additional taillights to the back of the roof since the existing taillights are very hard to see if you have golf clubs or people on the back seat.

So it a very worthwhile addition in my mind and certainly doable.

JohnN
05-25-2009, 05:47 PM
check this link out, I got it from somewhere else here

Yoda
05-25-2009, 08:49 PM
check this link out, I got it from somewhere else here

Link?

Yoda

clod
06-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Finally got a rear sear for Frugal Dugal. It was a bolt-on replacement on the Club Car after removing the basket, bag rack, etc. I then opted for a set of heavy duty rear leaf springs from Buggies Unlimited. Getting the old springs off was the bad part, as the bolts tend to rust in place. A little heat plus a bigger hammer did the trick. New springs are also a bolt in installation. I mounted the optional safety handle to the foot rest on the rear sear & the bag holder bolts to this (rides backward, sitting on the foot rest). The whole thing extends about 12" longer in the rear. The result is the cart actually rides better, there is no "light steering" with a load in the rear. Cost was about $500 for the seat kit & $150 for the springs. Anyone looking for a set of single leaf springs or a rear bumper for a Club Car?
:beer3: Steve

champion6
06-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Good to know, Steve. Thanks for the info.

GMONEY
06-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Link?

Yoda

I second the Link?????????

He was trying to give us the link via the Jedi Mind Trick..