PDA

View Full Version : oldtown golf cart

walt13
12-12-2016, 01:45 PM
I would give less than one star if I could! I have never written a review before but these dishonest people made me write my first review! I purchased a string light set here that the manager said was 27 feet long and when I got home was only 16 feet long. I went back to return it and the manager said that all sales are final even though I bought this light set thinking it was 27 feet long and it was not even close. My friend also was told the same thing so I know it wasn't my misunderstanding what was said. He also purchased lights that they said were 27 feet long and were only 16 feet long. This obviously is not a one time thing with these people. The manager said that he wasn't going to exchange it and called the security in and asked me to leave. Before the security guy even heard my complaint he said "all sales are final" so this obviously happens all of the time there where they misrepresent their merchandise as being more than it really is. Don't waste your money here, the merchandise is not what they say it is. Very dishonest people! OLDTOWN GOLF CAR

rubicon
12-13-2016, 06:38 AM
I would give less than one star if I could! I have never written a review before but these dishonest people made me write my first review! I purchased a string light set here that the manager said was 27 feet long and when I got home was only 16 feet long. I went back to return it and the manager said that all sales are final even though I bought this light set thinking it was 27 feet long and it was not even close. My friend also was told the same thing so I know it wasn't my misunderstanding what was said. He also purchased lights that they said were 27 feet long and were only 16 feet long. This obviously is not a one time thing with these people. The manager said that he wasn't going to exchange it and called the security in and asked me to leave. Before the security guy even heard my complaint he said "all sales are final" so this obviously happens all of the time there where they misrepresent their merchandise as being more than it really is. Don't waste your money here, the merchandise is not what they say it is. Very dishonest people! OLDTOWN GOLF CAR

You are going to hear this from more than just one poster but contact Senior v Crimes immediatly

KennyP
12-13-2016, 06:55 AM
never heard of them.

Where are they located.

John_W
12-13-2016, 08:03 AM
When I Google search Old Town Golf Carts in Florida, I get a retailer in Kissimmee. Is this the place you went, and if so, why did you go so far?

Old Town Golf Carts, Kissimmee, Florida (http://www.oldtowngolfcarts.com/)

villagetinker
12-13-2016, 08:50 AM
never heard of them.

Where are they located.

If you get the daily sun they are listed on page C6, there are 4 locations, Brownwood 750-1914, they are typically manned Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Fraugoofy
12-13-2016, 11:36 AM
Things like this really burn me. If you indeed bought your lights at their Brownwood location, please let me know. I will go down and have a chat with them. At least I can sit out front of the store and warn other potential customers of their ill practices. Maybe Outlaw would join me...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

plrbr1120
12-13-2016, 01:51 PM
If you put it on your credit card, call the cc company and challenge the charge.

John_W
12-13-2016, 04:26 PM
The manager said that he wasn't going to exchange it and called the security in and asked me to leave. Before the security guy even heard my complaint he said "all sales are final" so this obviously happens all of the time there where they misrepresent their merchandise as being more than it really is.

If you get the daily sun they are listed on page C6, there are 4 locations, Brownwood 750-1914, they are typically manned Tuesdays and Thursdays.

A golf cart shop that is only open 2 days a week and has a security guy. Something ain't right here. When I search now and include The Villages it comes back as being next door to The Villages Golf Cart Man. They must of opened a second location or left the historic side all together and then are somehow connected to this 2 day a week operation. Anytime they do a TV show about golf carts in The Villages, they always interview this guy. I guess he's now running 2 different things on Rte 44. Doesn't that photo bring used car salesman to mind.

http://www.villagesgolfcartman.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/golfcartman22.jpg

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
12-13-2016, 05:47 PM
A golf cart shop that is only open 2 days a week and has a security guy. Something ain't right here. When I search now and include The Villages it comes back as being next door to The Villages Golf Cart Man. They must of opened a second location or left the historic side all together and then are somehow connected to this 2 day a week operation. Anytime they do a TV show about golf carts in The Villages, they always interview this guy. I guess he's now running 2 different things on Rte 44. Doesn't that photo bring used car salesman to mind.

http://www.villagesgolfcartman.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/golfcartman22.jpg

The historic side location is gone. If it's these people, they are the most dishonest scam artists I have ever run in to. I won't go into a long story about it, but they told me that my cart needed $2500 worth of work.

Todd Casey Cart Repairs fixed it for $150 and it's been fine ever since. In addition I've heard many. many horror stories about people who dealt with these thieves. Many people on the historic side couldn't understand how they stayed in business with the reputation that had.

Evidently, it eventually caught up with them and the relocated under a different name.

KennyP
12-13-2016, 08:57 PM

If its that clown, Id run as far away as I can. Ive heard horror stories about that guy. If your cart goes to him, he ripped you off for something it seems.

CWGUY
12-13-2016, 10:53 PM

:confused: Looked in today's DAILY SUN and don't see it.

Looked in yesterday's DAILY SUN. Saw an ad for Village Discount Golf Car?????

Which day are you talking about. Old Town Golf Cars is in Kissimmee.