PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain this?

SABRMnLgs
06-03-2009, 12:00 PM
I have a fairly new puter and joined TOTV about a year ago. So my stuff is fairly current.

Anyone else have this problem? Everytime I go to a subject to read on TOTV my system defaults to a point I have to go to my slide bar at the bottom of the page and move it to the far right in order to read the complete
message written. I click on my windows icon, go to keep window size & position and click on that. But when I move to the next message I have to repeat everything (move the slide bar to far right, etc).

Does anyone else have this problem, or if you don't, how did you fix it?

KayakerNC
06-03-2009, 12:08 PM
I have a fairly new puter and joined TOTV about a year ago. So my stuff is fairly current.

Anyone else have this problem? Everytime I go to a subject to read on TOTV my system defaults to a point I have to go to my slide bar at the bottom of the page and move it to the far right in order to read the complete
message written. I click on my windows icon, go to keep window size & position and click on that. But when I move to the next message I have to repeat everything (move the slide bar to far right, etc).

Does anyone else have this problem, or if you don't, how did you fix it?

Hold down the CONTROL key and hit the "plus (+) or minus (-) key.
Or...hold down the CONTROL key and use the scroll wheel on your mouse.

sschuler1
06-03-2009, 01:44 PM
I have been having the same problem lately also. Maybe for the last couple of weeks, and I have never had that problem with this site before. It's like they moved the dialog box too far to the right...maybe the ads on the left side of the page got bigger? I don't have this problem with any other site but this one.

LELANDJANE
06-03-2009, 02:24 PM
It's been like that for me since I joined.

Sally Jo
06-03-2009, 02:32 PM
I have the same problem. A lot of time I have trouble posting, also.

Hawkwind
06-03-2009, 04:33 PM
One of the common causes of this is changing the screen resolution. Another is the font settings you are using with your browser. Still another possibility is how your browser is set from the last time you used it.

Try this. Open a windows screen and use the restore down size button to the left of the X in the upper right corner. Now drag the bottom and the right sides of the window to have the window fill the screen. Do not use the maximize button to do this. Can you read the message properly now? If so then open another windows session and view another web site. I don't believe you can be logged into TOTV twice so do this on another web site. Go through the above steps again and restore down the window and drag the sides to fit the screen. When you have the second screen full size go back to the first window ( the TOTV screen) and log out of TOTV. Now while on the first window close that window using the File / Exit, do not use the X in the upper right corner. When the first window is closed you will close the second window the same way.

Hopefully this will fix your problem and the window will be correct size the next time you log on.

ConeyIsBabe
06-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Yes, I do have the same problem. I thought it was caused by the website designer :Screen_of_Death:

SABRMnLgs
06-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Instead of jumping through all those hoops why don't they just move the message area about an inch to the left. Problem wolud be solved. If those cursed ads need to be somewhere, let them stick them on the bottom of the page and out of the way.

sschuler1
06-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Hawkwind, I would agree with you if I had changed my screen resolution or my font settings. Nothing has changed on my computer except this website. And it has only been lately that this has changed. And I agree with Sabrm, it is rather annoying! :Screen_of_Death: