PDA

View Full Version : RDOG2: Sumter County Dog Owners

Responsible Dog Owners
06-05-2009, 12:59 PM
:pepper2:RDOG: Responsible Dog Owners Group of Marion County is proud to announce the annexation of a brand new group in Sumter County. RDOG2: Responsible Dog Owners Group 2 of Sumter County. The group's first membership meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 17th, 2009 at Lake Miona Recreation Center from 7:00 to 8:30pm. RDOG2's guest speaker will be Karen Tynes, President of RDOG. If you're interested in becoming an even more responsible dog owner, want to hear what the vets in the area say about dog ownership in Central Florida; want to know more about traveling with your pet in Florida; grooming techniques; and pet supplies, you'll want to join this group. You will also be able to register you pet with the Cutter Alert Program sponsored by The Villages Petfinders at www.districtgov.org. AND if that wasn't enough, you can also take part in finding the perfect location for a dog park in Sumter County. Contact: Jeff Emanuels, Pres. E-Mail: responsibledogownersgroup2@yahoo.com
or Bill Ekback, Membership Chairperson E-Mail: wekback@yahoo.com.
JUNE 17TH...LAKE MIONA REC CENTER...7-8:30PM :coolsmiley:

Bosoxfan
01-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Can someone keeped me informed of any upcoming meetings.I'm real interested in being help in this .Thanks

golfnut
01-02-2010, 10:34 PM
sounds like a good group, can we put our names on an email list??...gn

beady
01-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Since the opening of the new park ,which is a short cart ride from my house in Piedmont, I have taken my black cocker spaniel to play. In general it has been an okay experience. I love dogs and thought I would meet some nice fellow dog owners and dogs. I will say hands down the dogs are far superior to the owners. Most unfriendly group, who gives you the once over when you arrive with your dog. I have made the effort to talk to several people, all of which have made small talk and then walked away to their "group". Sort of high school feeling. But I continued to return for my dog Star's pleasure.
Today was the last time for me. I very nice gentleman spoke to me as I entered the park. We talked about our respective dogs, and the pups joined the canine group, running and playing. There was a Westie there that he warned me might get a bit rough. The owner was quick to come to her dogs defense, and the man continued to kindly dispute her claim. Where upon her husband starting shouting and swearing at the man. The swearing gentleman approached me and said some rather nasty things....I told him I found it offensive to swear and call other people names. We were all there to enjoy the park and dogs sometimes don't get along....no need for offensive language and name calling.
I left with my not so happy pup, who was having a grand time.
The point of this rambling is....disappointment that the park is generally unfriendly and some owners combative. Not what I expected in Florida's friendly home town. Not, what I expected from the group who worked so tirelessly to provide such a nice facility for ours dogs.