PDA

View Full Version : Upper Respiratory

REH7380
06-11-2009, 10:52 AM
Just interested..Has anyone noticed a higher than normal number of upper respiratory infections. Have had one for the last 7 days, getting over it after going to the Dr. and getting some meds but curious if this is something, as they say, going around? I would add that we have used the "Exceptional Urgent Care Center" in THe Villages and they are terrific. Would always go back..

duffysmom
06-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Let me peface this by saying that I've been blessed with good heath but this past week I've been down with a terrible upper respiratory infection (bacterial) which includes fever, an extremely sore throat and chest congetion along with an upset stomach. In other words, I'm sick as a dog.barf
Please everyone, keep your Purrell handy.

islandgal
06-11-2009, 12:16 PM
I have been plagued with it ever since I moved here 3 years ago (a three-week bout with it in Dec-Jan.)
Never had similar problems before.
The doc says it is triggered by allergies to grass and trees here.
You might want to check with an allergist.
Nevertheless, I have been given steriods many times for it - and they don't help the waistline.!!

SUNNYMARYANN
06-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Although I am not in The Villages, I too have suffered the worst head and chest cold I have had in many years. Today is day #8 and the first day I really feel more normal. I also have heard from others in other areas with similar symptoms.

graciegirl
06-11-2009, 03:29 PM
I can't help but wonder if these are undiagnosed cases of swine flu. Not all are life threatening.

conn8757
06-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I was surprised to hear swine flu is now pandemic - I thought it was gone for the summer, but evidentally still a problem worldwide.