Where does this go?

http://www.thevillages.com/lifestyle/cam_ss.asp

katezbox
06-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Yahoo!!!

tony
06-11-2009, 05:02 PM
See? That's where I go, too.

We have experts looking into this. Can anybody else let me know where they go?

kfierle
06-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Links to Yahoo!

chuckinca
06-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Ditto - yahoo

Hawkwind
06-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Redirector to Yahoo.

Now if you copy and paste it into the URL bar it will take you to the Spanish Springs web cam.

Exact same thing that was happening to Jan the other day and are both of you working on the same general issue?

I will check with one of the guys at work tomorrow and get his ideas as to why it is happening.

tony
06-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Yep. We are still working on the same general problem.

I think were are getting some good help, but all advice is welcome.

Hawkwind
06-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Tony

I had a friend at work take a look at it and he could not figure it out either. From looking at the source code it has nothing to do with the actual link as I compared it to another message that I the same link in that worked properly. The code for the actual link was exactly the same so it has to be somewhere else in the code. Sorry not much help.

tony
06-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks, Hawk,

We are trying to figure it out, too, and we are getting a lot of help from our members. i really appreciate this.

duffysmom
11-27-2009, 12:38 PM
this is a test to see if I have an avatar.......

chuckinca
11-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Still goes to Yahoo.

tony
11-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Although we were promised that The Villages IT department would take an interest in this problem, the department has declined to help.

One person there said he could not duplicate the problem and then I never heard from him again. He is the only one I know who cannot duplicate the problem.

I asked if we could continue working on the problem. Never heard another word.

The problem is at their end. They are redirecting the links from Talk of The Villages to Yahoo. I suspect that it is intentional.

I'm not much interested in solving it of they aren't. We cannot fix something that is happening in their servers.

ajbrown
12-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Although we were promised that The Villages IT department would take an interest in this problem, the department has declined to help.

One person there said he could not duplicate the problem and then I never heard from him again. He is the only one I know who cannot duplicate the problem.

I asked if we could continue working on the problem. Never heard another word.

The problem is at their end. They are redirecting the links from Talk of The Villages to Yahoo. I suspect that it is intentional.

I'm not much interested in solving it of they aren't. We cannot fix something that is happening in their servers.

I did not see this sub forum so I have been posting about this at:
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26137

How would I get in touch with the person who writes the PHP for our site? If there is such a person and they are interested I suspect we could fix this from TOTV.

kb8tpw
12-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Not sure who is doing the troubleshooting but this may help. I go to Yahoo too. This is significant too, as I am accessing TOTV on a USGovt computer that has Yahoo, AOL, Ebay and all of the neat web sites that government employees are forbidden from accessing so they don't waste tax payer $. There is no way I can get the browser to go to Yahoo, but with the URL that it uses it will go to Yahoo, in spite of the restriction that USG has in place. I can not get to my email, it then registers the restriction but I can bounce around some of the Yahoo options - not mail and personals - which is what they want to restrict us from when it hits the meta-tag for those it bounces out as restricted, but it does go to yahoo as they have disguised the URL by tweaking it. Maybe this will help, don't know, but it looks to me like an HTML-expert has pulled a fast one.

Keep up the good work TOTV staff, this site is all that allows me to manage waiting until we get down to TV in February and commence building on our lot in St Charles. Merry Christmas to all.