PDA

View Full Version : Dental Experience #2

Herb
06-11-2009, 02:54 PM
I went back for another cleaning, and again I was pleased. I had to wait 7 minutes before I was seen and that is far less than I have waited at other medical offices. They did a painless cleaning and in about 50 minuted I was paying $65 and making my next appointment. Again I am happy to reccomwend them to my neighbors. Herb

rshoffer
06-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Who is them?

KathieI
06-11-2009, 04:45 PM
RS, I think Herb is referring to Dental Experience #1, see link:

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20080

mac9
06-11-2009, 08:54 PM
My first experience with them for a cleaning was fine. Dentist told me that I had a minor cavity that needed to be taken care of. When I went to make an appointment for the filling, I was advised that it would be $310 and that I needed to give a deposit of $80 in order to make an appointment. RED FLAG!!! But I didn't listen to myself. Gave them the $80 and made the appointment for 2 weeks later. Showed up at 9:50 for 10:00 appt. At 10:50 was still waiting. They told me that they were a little behind. Finally got in to the chair at 11:15. At 12:00 dentist came in and gave me a shot of novacaine. He finally came back at 1:00, spent 7 minutes drilling and filling. Took off his mask and gloves and walked out. Said NOTHING. Dental assistant told me to wait while she completed my file, then told me that I could leave. I had to ask when I could either eat or drink. Not a good experience. I will not be returning there as there was only one dentist working with an office full of patients. He kept hopping from room to room. When I finally got home, I googled the dentist and found out that he had some sort of disciplinary action in May, but no specifics were given in the Board of Dentistry minutes...just that a settlement had been reached.
As I said, the cleaning was fine, but then it was done by a hygienist and not a dentist!

mac9
06-12-2009, 10:27 AM
yes, magnolia dental!

chuckinca
06-12-2009, 11:18 AM
My first experience with them for a cleaning was fine. Dentist told me that I had a minor cavity that needed to be taken care of. When I went to make an appointment for the filling, I was advised that it would be $310 and that I needed to give a deposit of $80 in order to make an appointment. RED FLAG!!! But I didn't listen to myself. Gave them the $80 and made the appointment for 2 weeks later. Showed up at 9:50 for 10:00 appt. At 10:50 was still waiting. They told me that they were a little behind. Finally got in to the chair at 11:15. At 12:00 dentist came in and gave me a shot of novacaine. He finally came back at 1:00, spent 7 minutes drilling and filling. Took off his mask and gloves and walked out. Said NOTHING. Dental assistant told me to wait while she completed my file, then told me that I could leave. I had to ask when I could either eat or drink. Not a good experience. I will not be returning there as there was only one dentist working with an office full of patients. He kept hopping from room to room. When I finally got home, I googled the dentist and found out that he had some sort of disciplinary action in May, but no specifics were given in the Board of Dentistry minutes...just that a settlement had been reached.
As I said, the cleaning was fine, but then it was done by a hygienist and not a dentist!

Need a filling - see a Dentist (licensed to do fillings, etc)

Need your teeth cleaned - see a Dental Hygienist (licensed to clean teeth.)

mac9
06-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Chuckina, I know the difference. I was merely agreeing with Herb that for cleaning the place was fine. I will not go back there for anything because when I need a dentist, I would prefer one that I can trust. Therefore, I would want my hygienist to be affiliated with a good dentist.