PDA

View Full Version : How much energy

TrudyM
06-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Does anybody know how much electricity is used to charge up their golf cart.
WAts, Amps, Kilawhat hours required etc.
I am a number cruncher and I apologize in advance for asking such mind numing questions.
Also does anybody know what the Kilawhat cost is in your area. I could look it up but you guys are so smart, I figure one of you will know.

Also are the batteries easy to change out so you could carge one set while driving around on another. I saw a 12 volt Solar battery charging system on the net that looked very reasonable.

chuckinca
06-13-2009, 01:06 PM
In Marion County = 11.17 cents/KWH for first 1000 KWH

Good cart batteries cost around $750 and last around 5 years with good maintenance. They are too big and heavy to switch out every day or week or month and not much advantage to that either.

Electric for battery recharges is very low and generally not a cost consideration.

TrudyM
06-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the info. Your kWH cost is figured different than ours so thank you our base is 500KWH and goes up alot after so a big diff.

spk7951
06-13-2009, 02:41 PM
A friend of mine has something that helps him determine what his cost is in charging his electric cart. He claims that it is costing him 2 cents per mile to run his golf cart. I believe he said that with his usage he figures his charging cost to be around $75 for a year.

chacam
06-13-2009, 05:06 PM
The last 18 months, I averaged about 4.25 miles per KWH. Seco charges about $.10 per KWH,Over 3500 miles. I can send exact figures if you want.

TrudyM
06-13-2009, 07:52 PM
See I knew I asked the right group. Thanks a ton.

Ooper
06-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Amounts of electricity will vary on the amounts of charge your cart requires. If it is near dead, it will naturally take a longer charge, costing more. There are other posts on this subject if you do a search. And from what I have read, the solar chargers are not worth the price. They are fairly expensive and will only charge your cart partially unless you leave your cart outside constantly. Payback breakeven point is a very long time! But do your homework.