PDA

View Full Version : Trojan - who to call and how much?

Arctic Fox
01-11-2017, 07:00 AM
After comparing Trojan batteries with those from Duracell I have decided to go with the Trojans because of the longer warranty.

Who offers the best prices and service to instal them?

Thank you

Arctic Fox
01-11-2017, 08:13 AM
After comparing Trojan batteries with those from Duracell I have decided to go with the Trojans because of the longer warranty. Who offers the best prices and service to instal them?

Forgot to include:

Is there usually a waiting period to instal at this busy time of year?

Thank you

redwitch
01-11-2017, 08:28 AM
Battery Boys.

villagetinker
01-11-2017, 09:06 AM
Do a search on this site, there was just a thread on poor performance of these batteries. No first hand experience, I have a gas cart.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
01-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Battery Boys are the best, but I need to warn you. Trojans come with an 18 month warranty and if a battery dies one day after the warranty expires, expect nothing from them.

I had six Ranger 160 batteries installed because I was told that they were the best that Trojan make. I was told I'd be able to go 60 miles on a charge and the batteries should last four to five years. In less than two years, two of the batteries went completely dead. Trojan would not do anything. I asked for batteries at their cost and they refused.

I am vigilant about keeping my batteries watered with distilled water and check my connections every month.

I've read some other things online about people having trouble with Ranger batteries. I have friends who have standard Trojan batteries and are very happy with them.

starflyte1
01-11-2017, 10:29 AM
Battery Boys wee here last week. Came out 3 hours after we called.

starflyte1
01-11-2017, 10:29 AM
Battery Boys were here last week. Came out 3 hours after we called.

Arctic Fox
01-11-2017, 11:12 AM
After comparing Trojan batteries with those from Duracell I have decided to go with the Trojans because of the longer warranty. Who offers the best prices and service to instal them? Is there usually a waiting period to instal at this busy time of year?

Thank you all for your advice - Battery Boys it is :-)

N44125
01-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Another vote for Battery Boys...watch out for similar sounding names for companies.

outlaw
01-12-2017, 05:34 PM
Battery Boys are the best, but I need to warn you. Trojans come with an 18 month warranty and if a battery dies one day after the warranty expires, expect nothing from them.

I had six Ranger 160 batteries installed because I was told that they were the best that Trojan make. I was told I'd be able to go 60 miles on a charge and the batteries should last four to five years. In less than two years, two of the batteries went completely dead. Trojan would not do anything. I asked for batteries at their cost and they refused.

I am vigilant about keeping my batteries watered with distilled water and check my connections every month.

I've read some other things online about people having trouble with Ranger batteries. I have friends who have standard Trojan batteries and are very happy with them.

If you are diligent with keeping your batteries filled, you might be causing their shortened life. I did the same thing. A guy gave me a tip to only keep the water level just above the plates, not all the way up to the fill line/fill port. His reasoning was that filling this type of battery to the typical fill line used by auto batteries results in more loss of acid when you put it on the charger over night after a long day of use. Seems to work. After doing this, I noticed a lot less acid residue on the top of the batteries.

biker1
01-12-2017, 06:29 PM
If the batteries aren't fully charged, you should only put enough water in to cover the plates, assuming they are uncovered. Otherwise, only water batteries when they are fully charged.

If you are diligent with keeping your batteries filled, you might be causing their shortened life. I did the same thing. A guy gave me a tip to only keep the water level just above the plates, not all the way up to the fill line/fill port. His reasoning was that filling this type of battery to the typical fill line used by auto batteries results in more loss of acid when you put it on the charger over night after a long day of use. Seems to work. After doing this, I noticed a lot less acid residue on the top of the batteries.