PDA

View Full Version : 2 decorating questions

conn8757
06-16-2009, 12:10 PM
I have an eat in kitchen, a counter, a table on the lanai and I do not particularly want to have a dining room set up too. I really don't need that many places to eat. (especially since we have coffee in front of tv in the morning and sometimes more than that.) I am thinking of changing out the chandelier for a fan matching the one in the family room and making an additional conversation/sitting area or a game type table. Has anyone done that?

I saw a decorating show where the glass table on the lanai had this huge red poppy painted on it. I only glimpsed it but loved the idea of doing something like that and matching cushions to whatever I had painted on the table. Anyone done anything like that? If so, did you hire it done or what did you do?

Thanks.
'

graciegirl
06-16-2009, 12:25 PM
What a great idea. Painting something on a glass table. I painted the cushions of my lanai furniture because I got the set as a bargain and had a teal thing going on and the flowers were orange. I used acrylic paint and it has worn like iron. (Took forever though!)

I also considered using the dining area as an office or..."library" but I got a great deal on a gorgeous dining room table and beachy looking matching breakfront.

A professional decorator helped a guy down the street and he had no dining room table in his Lantana, but that model has a very large dining area in the kitchen that can seat a bunch. He used it for seating and it is quite nice. He pulled up the chandelier.

I just love the way people make these very similar homes their own!

TrudyM
06-16-2009, 03:40 PM
When we where on a temp assimnment in Calif. and staying in a condo. the neighbor across the hall had a coffee table that had drop down legs that could make it dining height. She used it with folding chairs with those fabric chair covers you can get at Pier I. when she had company and the rest of the time it was next to a lounge chaair.
I have no idea where she got it.
However the people who belong to the woodworking club if the pics on their site are any indication are very talented and probably could build or modify to suit. It is on my I want list for the villages as when we have people over we do a buffet and and extra taller table would be great. Just a thought.

mommullr
06-16-2009, 08:47 PM
I agree that there are a lot of spaces delegated to eating in our homes. I have pictured two wing chairs beside a round table for coffee and Daily Sun every morning in the space delegated for a kitchen table in our Gardenia. Just wish I could be there now instead of dreaming about it.