PDA

View Full Version : Us open

BETHPAGE BLACK
06-17-2009, 06:25 PM
I"m back up in NY just in time to be proud to be a New Yorker and Long Islander..Actually I am proud of my name "Bethpage Black".....
So much excitement going on up here ...is anyone down there "into" THE OPEN.
New York loves Phil Mickleson and everywhere you go there is a sea of pink to support his wife Amy who was diagnosed with breast cancer.
Come on Villagers..get into it and support PHIL.. Tiger can win next time!!!
I have been out to the course and it is absolutely unbeleivable..It is amazing how they cut the grass at different heights and slant those greens just so, bunkers all over..it is BIG and scarry...definately not Turtle Mound!!

suebanj
06-17-2009, 06:45 PM
As a former Long Islander, I agree, Let's go Phil!!! The New Yorkers go wild for him, and why not.... The compassion they are showing for both he and Amy is also remarkable.... My son, who lives up on LI just called to tell me he was invited to go to the open on Sunday...Best Fathers Day Present he'll get, that's for sure!!!!

Enjoy watching the open, I know I will be watching and rooting for Phil!!:pepper2:

GMONEY
06-18-2009, 05:02 AM
I enjoy the Open, and wish the best for Ole Lefty and the wife. But I must follow the Tiger!!! Glad to hear the course is in great condition. Will look good in High Def..

Army Guy
06-18-2009, 07:08 AM
I have ALWAYS been a Phil fan. To me he is a class guy. Even though it is tough to study his swing unless you reverse it!

Army Guy

Bill Gordon
11-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Spent three days in the MUD at Bethpage. I am a Tiger fan but really wanted Lefty to do well. We followed him most of one day. Lots of crowds.

BETHPAGE BLACK
11-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Hi Bill, nice to hear from you..What a fanatastic thrill it must have been to "play in the MUD" at Bethpage...I really mean it...
Is that course unbeleivable or what??? Love Lefty and will always root for him, as will most of NY...Laura